cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access control list (ACL) on projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Has anybody experiences using Access control list (ACL) on projects?

Because this is a new functionality from release 6.03 I think there is not many companies who use it.

Iu2019m very interested knowing: How do you use it in your organization? And how is the response from the users? and if you have done any changes to this functionality.

Best regards

Jose Marin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You may find more information in:

<link removed>

You also need to notice that once you enable the ACL for one project profile, the all the create projects/WBS-elements with that project profile will have ACL activated, and the creation user will be listed in the ACL as default.

Edited by: Virendra Pal on May 12, 2010 8:39 AM

Jose - Please search SAP Help before posting

Also I think Jose is looking to see if people have actually used this as it is a new functionality and if there are any issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is right I'm looking to see if people have actually used this as it is a new functionality and if there are any issues and how you have solved this issues.

Regards

Jose Marin

Edited by: José Marin on May 12, 2010 3:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is one very good functionality that SAP has provided. I havent seen any issues. It gives greater control of authorization for each project.

Venkat

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There are some SAP notes have been issued for this new function to fix existing errors, but till now there is no much problem of using this new functionality, as it is very easy to understand and use by the people.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose Marin,

Using ACL, you can give four authorizations like 'read', 'write', 'admin' and 'no authorization' for a user for the each element (object) of project.

For a user, you maintain the ACL for the whole hierarchy(inheritance) or for individual element.

You can maintain ACL for user group or for Organization Group instead of users as well.

In the project profile in SPRO, we can see three radio buttons for ACL like 'No ACL', 'ACL (No Inhr.)', 'ACL (with Inh.)'. You choose according to your requirement.

Best Regards,

Punith.