cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available tasks not displaying under Manage Tab in Portal.

former_member205423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the custom web enabled tasks for creating business role and changing the user data.

When I log into portal and select the person from manage tab, and try to choose the task, I am not able to view the tasks created under custom web enabled tasks folder.

Could you please help me.

Regards,

Giridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member205423
Participant
0 Kudos

answeres

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you also select the right entry type?

It should be MX_PERSON.

former_member205423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Now I am able to see the tasks for Role after unchecking the task to create new entry option for creating business role.

However for creating person I am not able to view the tasks.I have the entry type as MX_Person and I have also unchecked the above option.

Please help on this too.

former_member205423
Participant
0 Kudos

To add to above information, I have the access controls as follows for creating person.

Access type= logged-in-user

value=all users

on behalf of=everybody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, good that it works.

But for creating a new Person you have to check the "create a new entry" option for this task. You should than be able to see the task in the manage tab under Person as "Create New Entry" (or whatever set as task name).

former_member205423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now the task is available after checking marking the option to create a entry.

Thanks for all you time and help.

Regards,

Giridhar

former_member205423
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to cnfigure workflows for password self service and access provisioning, please help me on this front.

former_member205423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring the workflows for password self service and provisioning. can you suggest some documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly have you entered for "Access type" and "On Behalf Of"?

former_member205423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For creating Business role task, I have Access type as Logged-in-user, Value=UserID, On-behalf of=Everybody.

For Assigning business role task, Access type as Logged-in-user, Value=All Users, On-behalf of=user, Value=All Users(self service).

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> On-behalf of=user, Value=All Users(self service).

I think there is your problem: If you set on behalf of "self service" the task will show under the Self-Service tab. Try something like on behalf of "everybody" or some kind of filter etc.

Regards

former_member205423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

tasks are not displayed even after changing the on behalf of to Everybody and removing the value as self service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, that sounds strange.

Have you set the correct entry type in the attributes tab of the task? I sometimes forgot that, so the task is not displayed.

former_member205423
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, I have marked the attributes and checked the box for displaying this task as new entry.

However this issue still remians.Also when I select new to create a person or business role then the portal is giving error saying null exception Java.

Please help me on this too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have set the "assign business role" as "create new entry"? Or which task do you mean? If you have done that, it is clear, that it won't display in the manage tab, i.e. not under the options for an entry.

If I you got wrong, I think I don't have any clue where the problem is. But if you say that there's an java exception it could be quite anywhere...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what have you set in the accesscontrol section of the task? You have to enable a user or a role to see this task in the manage tab.

regards

Sebastian

former_member205423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have enable the user at the access control of the taks, when I login with the same ID, I am not able to view the tasks.