cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Security - Cost Centers and Profit Centers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to have the ability to restrict roles on cost center and profit center per the cost center/profit center owner. For example, we only want to allow users whom own cost centers to be able to see the cost centers they own. The problem that I am faced with is that I do not want to restrict via cost center authorization object because this would essentially lead to every user having their own individual role.

I did notice that each cost center has a user ID field that you can assign and maintain. I was thinking if it was possible to create some customization where this is checked against the uid logged onto the system but not sure if this could be done without modifying each program. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to restrict via cost center and profit center?

Thanks in adavnce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check if a view could help in your context?

What I mean is this: create a view on top of your basetable where some predicates like

user = basetable.userid-column

is used.

This view has to be granted to all users and the basetable should NOT be granted at all.

If you do not want to change all applications, you could rename the basetable and create this new view with the old basetable-name to allow the unchanged applications to work.

Elke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response but I am not sure if the view would help my situation but maybe I am misktaken or do not fully understand. There are many different tcodes that utilize cost centers my problem is that I want to have the ability to restrict these transactions that interact with cost centers (not using the cost center authorization object) to be restricted to a specific cost center owner. Would this view feature work? If so how?