cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New document from template in SOLAR02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have problem with my document template to appear in SOLAR02.

I have created a document template in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN -> Project Standards tab -> Documentation Types tab -> Project template button. I have created my own Doc. type (ZDEV) and used Document Template button to import my Word document. At this moment I can display the template and everything seems ok.

After that, I switch to SOLAR02 and try to insert new document in Project Documentation tab. A dialog appears in which I choose my Documentation Type and choose Create New Document. However, after pressing OK button blank document appears instead of my Word document.

Has anyone experienced similar behaviour?

I have tested the same at Solman of our different customer and everything worked well. Versions of SAP are the same.

Please help.

Marek

(SAP version: SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP 1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

When you uploaded the template did the system prompt the message "Document template is not in status "released". Do you want to set the status to "Released"?.

Please note: You will not be able to use the template if it has not been released. Also do the following check:

1. Goto SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN

2. Select the project

3. Check if your newly added documentation type is available under the section project documentation types under the project standards.

Check if your newly added documentation type has the checkbox "Blueprint-relevant" ticked in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rinkal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rinkal,

I have checked everything you suggested and all was already ok.

I solved my problem by creating different Doc. type - ZD instead of ZDEV. With new type uploading and changing of a template works fine. I guess that the document for ZDEV is saved wrongly in document management system but I was unable to get to the document using other ways than SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. Deletion and recreation of ZDEV did not help either - the document template was still there.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue in the same version of Solution Manager. When the pop-up question came up asking me if I wanted to set the status to RELEASED, I answered YES, but the template does not save in RELEASED status. I then went into change the template, and tried to set the status to RELEASED and also changed the attribute to RELEASED, but the template does not save. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

it seemed to me that there had been a problem with RELEASED either. I clicked on "yes" in the dialog and when I went back to change the document, the status was IN_PROGRESS again. I don't know if there is an error just in dynpro showing wrong status or if the status really is wrong. Despite that, everything seems to be working and templates are available for use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

I just wanted to know if you solved the issues you had with the template update in status. Currently if i go to the Document Template, I change and set the status to RELEASED and then save it. But when creating the document via SOLAR02, the document proposed for the Document Type is blank. It was working before, but since now we are having many problems with all templates we have associated with our Document types. Any clue?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same exact issue as described and fixed it by running the following report: SOLAR_DOCTYPE_TEMPLATE_CLEANUP