Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization based on Module in SPRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we need to give module based authorization to the consultants,

I have created a project in SPRO_Admin in that i have created 3 view SD,HR, & MM. and assinged user also respectively.

after that i created a Role Called Z_SPRO under that Under Menu option i have selected the cust Auth,

and the project which i have created,

and in Change Authorizatiozation i made all green.

when i assigned this role to the user respectively, still MM user can go to IMG Activities and can work on other module nodes as well.

please advise.

Regards,

Irfan.

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

These menu's usually have lot of basis and other transactions. You need to make sure that those are deleted while creating projects in SPRO_ADMIN.

Most of the functions in SPRO are modifcations to tables via SM30 and SM31. To do the same user need access for object S_TABU_DIS. If you have given access to all in auth group field, user by default gets all access. You need to restrict to respective table authorization groups. These groups can be found as below.

Goto SM30 - enter V_DDAT_54 and click on display.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan

Did you create three seperate roles for 3 modules or a common role for all three modules.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

hi

i have created 3 roles like that,

in the second role when i am trying to select project View under cust auth , project views are not appearing only project name is coming...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Seems that you have not defined any "Project Views" for the project created. Go to transaction SPRO_ADMIN. Edit the existing project created and go Project Views tab. Create a new Project view and define the scope of the Project view. Once done you will be able to include the Project view in your role.

Note: All Projects created through SPRO_ADMIn needs to be generated.

Thanks.

Anjan Pandey

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply, its working fine now,

one question i have ,

what is the use of Transport Request TAB in a project,

when we create any change request there we have one field called project, what if we do not assign any project there,

please advise.

Regards,

Irfan

0 Kudos

Hi,

The Projects tab is a way to filter requests based on the projects or manage the transports associated with a project.

For more clarification, visit below link:

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan

Hope your further queries have been resolved from the link provided by Manisha. Let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

Hi,,

i have created a project using sapproject

I defined the scope by selecting second option

- by selecting application components and countries

under that i selected few nodes like fi, MM, SD, PP

and created project view based on project scope, and assinged the user as well.

after that i created a role called ZFI under Menu tab i selected Customing Auth. then generated the role.

when i assinged this to the user, user still have access all spro nodes, he can see as well as execute.

kindly let me know how to control this.

Regards,

Irfan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi irfan

Please create seperate IMG projects for seperate modules(SD, MM, FI etc..) and create seperate roles for each functional area and include corresponding IMG project in your authrization. e.g. FI role should include IMG project for FI only.

This should work for your requirement.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

Hi,

In this way i need to create may be 10 projects...

Regards

Irfan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

ok , but how we will move all requests to quality server,

using mass transport.

Regards,

Irfan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan

Not sure if mass transport functionaly is available or not. However you can create one transport for a single project and include rest of the projects in the same transport request.

Thanks.

Anjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you