cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking billing for one material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear all,

We have created a lot of SO orders with multiple items.

Wa have a problem with one material and we would like to block billing only for this material, that is, invoices should be created with other items but not with those containing this material.

Is there a field in material management to do this easyly ?

If there is, will it be possible afterwards to "unblock" this material for billing ?

Thanks in advance

Serge

gsurendr
0 Kudos

Hello Consultants,

Could you please help me with - How to set an automatic billing block for one particular material. I know that we can set a tick mark at the item category of that material but there are a lot of materials with the same item.cat.

So please help me with this. How to set an automatic billing block for one particular material.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can put a billing block at item level (for the particular material) even if orders are already created.

If number of orders is too many, an LSMW/BDC can be run to set the block.

At the time of billing these items will not appear.

Regards

Sonalika M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sonalika

I will ask a developer to help me for the LSMW.

Regards

Serge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But what I suggest is that u can define rejection reason. Then put this rejection reason in those line items where the material that u dont want to bill appeaars in the Sales order.

Later if u want to bill then remove the rejection reason.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank your for your response.

Could you tell me more about rejection reason ?

What is the name of this field ? what is the tcode to maintain it ? which view ?

Please note that i'm not used with usual material transaction (MM02,...) because we use "media" Industry solution. However, if you tell me the above infotrmations, I think we could use standard fields even if they are not in the "media" material transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rejection Reasons are configured in IMG-SD-Sales-Sales Item-

They are basically used to reject items in Sales documents. I am not sure how this exactly works in IS-Media but you can give it a try.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

Thank you, I have found this field but as I understand, you suggest me to maintain this field on each item of the SO.

But as there are plenty of orders with this material (and these orders may containsup to 300 items) so I was wondering if there was a way to modifiy the materia to block all items at once.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can assign reason for rejection for that line item in sale order so that you cannot post for goods issue and generate billing. But if you want to prevent any material regularly from billing, what I would suggest is that it is better to prevent in sale order stage itself or delivery.

For that go to OVSU, select "01" and click on blue lens on top so that you will see some list of tabs. In that maintain "B" for "Block for order" field and assign this 01 in material master for the field "X-distr.chain status" under Sales: Sales Org.Data 1 tab.

Now sale order cannot be created for this material. You can remove this value from MM02 at a later date if you want to do billing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, it is not exactly what we need : The orders are created at the moment but not already billed.

So we would like to bill the orders except of the items containing one particular material.

Maybe your advise is a path to the solution : if we create a new code by OVSU and tick both "block credit memo" and "block debit memo", will it works ?