cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle forms as URL iview - error FRM-92102: An Unexpected Network error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The oracle forms application is accessible via url, but when called loads an applet which runs on jinitiator.

We're using Portal 7.01 (EHP1), ESS Business Package 1.41

I have a requirement to create iviews which will load oracle forms. I thought this would be an easy task, I simply created a URL iview, which when called should load an applet which runs on jinitiator. But when I preview it, the applet is started but then I get the following error:

FRM-92102: A network error has occured. The Forms client has attempted to re-establish its connection to the server 5 times without success. Please check the network connection and try again later.

I know the URL is correct as when I paste it into a browser, outside of portal, it works fine. So my question is, is there something I have to do get Oracle Forms to work from portal?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Liz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem was the way the log in details were being presented. In the mapped access in personalise, the log in details should be entered into the username field in the form of username/password@database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Liz,

I guess this issue is related to Oracle than it being a portal one. I just goggled the error and all the results point it to Oracle, probably you might want to look into the oracle side of it.

Secondly, which browser are you testing this scenario on, try using any other browser as well.

Regards,

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej,

I'm facing a similar problem when using Internet Explorer 8. First I start a Oracle Forms session (using native java, not JInitiator), which works pretty well until I start the SAP Portal.

Java Console shows the following message:

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18

Verwendung der JRE-Version 1.6.0_18-b07 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

Home-Verzeichnis des Benutzers = C:Documents and SettingsMyUserName

-

-

c: Konsole löschen

f: Objekte in Finalisierungswarteschlange finalisieren

g: Speicherbereinigung

h: Diese Hilfemeldung anzeigen

l: ClassLoader-Liste ausgeben

m: Speicherbelegung anzeigen

o: Protokollierung auslösen

q: Konsole ausblenden

r: Richtlinien-Konfiguration neu laden

s: System- und Bereitstellungseigenschaften ausgeben

t: Threadliste ausgeben

v: Thread-Stack ausgeben

x: ClassLoader-Cache löschen

0-5: Trace-Stufe auf setzen

-

-

Bild geladen: jar:http://myhost:7777/forms/java/frmall.jar!/oracle/forms/icons/splash.gif

Bild geladen: jar:http://myhost:7777/forms/java/frmall.jar!/oracle/forms/icons/bgnd.gif

proxyHost=null

proxyPort=0

connectMode=HTTP, native.

Version von Forms-Applet: 10.1.2.3

Bild geladen: jar:http://myhost:7777/forms/java/frmall.jar!/oracle/forms/icons/frame.gif

Neuer Verbindungsaufbau (Versuch 1 von 5)...

Neuer Verbindungsaufbau (Versuch 2 von 5)...

Neuer Verbindungsaufbau (Versuch 3 von 5)...

Neuer Verbindungsaufbau (Versuch 4 von 5)...

Neuer Verbindungsaufbau (Versuch 5 von 5)...

oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException: 500

at oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException.createConnectionException(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.getResponse(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.doFlush(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.flush(Unknown Source)

at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.net.StreamMessageWriter.run(Unknown Source)

java.io.EOFException

at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedByte(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Message.readDetails(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Message.readDetails(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.net.StreamMessageReader.run(Unknown Source)

So to me it looks like a problem caused by the SAP Portal.

When I then close the SAP Portal I still cannot reconnect to Forms, I have to close all Internet Explorer Windows first. So it looks as if the SAP Portal changes some of the Internet Explorer settings.

Using a different browser is not an option due to company policy.

Any ideas how to solve that issue?

best regards,

Carsten

Edited by: Carsten Rüthel on Jul 13, 2010 9:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

I did eventually get this working.. This is what I did..

1. Created a system alias for the oracle system i was trying to connect to in system administration.

2. In the url iview, I selected that system alias that I created in step 1. In the URL parameters, I put an entry userid and set it's type to a mapped user.

3. In the personalise option in the top right hand corner, I selected user profile and within here i selected user mapping for system alias.

4. I selected the system I had created and input the userid, password and database I'm trying to connect to all in the usename. e.g.

Username/password@database

Following the above steps caused the oracle form to appear with automatic log on.

Hope it helps,

Liz.