cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Boolean field in MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working with MDM 7.1 and here i createda field of type boolean and in the field properties configured like Truevalue = X anf False value = FALSE and Defaultvalue = falsevalue.

When i try to import the data for this field if i pass a value from source field as False in imprtmanager it is showing as zero and if source value is TRUE it is showing as -1. Other than TRUE and FALSE if i give any value it is showing as it is in importmanager. Can anybody expalin me the reason for this.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I tried it my end, It is working fine. I would suggest Create again a new field of Type = Boolean whose default True Value = TRUE, False Value = FALSE and Default Value = None. Let it be the same, i mean these properties in MDM Console.

After that just check that are you getting TRUE and FALSE as Drop-down values when select this field from Main table of MDM Data Manager. Also check are you getting TRUE and FALSE values when select this field in Destination Main table of Import Manager.

Just Check and revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for reply here the prob is with the source file, In the source field if i take TRUE as value in importmanager it is showing as -1 as source value and 0 for false.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It may be also possible because of Bug in MDM Server Version. But are you getting any problem during Import, I mean you can map source value 0 with target TRUE and Source -1 with target FALSE. I think you can still map source values 0 and -1 with target TRUE and FALSE. In Source values (Value Conversion and mapping), you have there column Converted value where you can write for value 0, converted value to TRUE and for -1 converted value to FALSE and then map with target values TRUE and FALSE which would not effect any importing process.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

In Importmanager i could able to map 0 to FALSE and -1 to TRUE and imprort process going fine. Just i am wondering about the reason why importmanager is treating boolean values like that.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am using MDM 7.1 SP3 Build (7.1.03.69). I am getting True value as TRUE and False value as FALSE in Source values. Also check it again that your source field has values TRUE and FALSE not 0 and -1 in source file. It may be also possible because of bug in MDM server version used by you.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I am using MDM version 7.1 .05.43. I am also thinking it as a bug in MDM Server. But one more strange point if you take a source column with the combination of TRUE or FALSE it is fine the problem is occuring only if all the values of that coulmn either as TRUE or FALSE.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Seems to be a bug,Please raise a message with SAP on this.

BR-

Ravi