Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rdisp/gui_auto_logout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding the parameter "rdisp/gui_auto_logout"

1. Can this parameter be different for different clients? Or does activating this parameter set it across the entire system?

2. If a user has 2 sessions open, will it log out both sessions or just the session that has been inactive?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the answers below

1. Can this parameter be different for different clients? Or does activating this parameter set it across the entire system?

No, this parameter is system wide and not client specific. As per my knowledge all parameters are system wide and not client wide. Hence activation it will set across entire system.

2. If a user has 2 sessions open, will it log out both sessions or just the session that has been inactive?

Yes, it will log out all the open session of the user who has been idle since the limit set in the parameter.

Regards,

Sharath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I disagree with the second answer as if I login and have two or more sessions open and only one is active the system will not log me off for my inactive session, as the parameter is for user inactivity not if a session is inactive.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can this parameter be different for different clients? Or does activating this parameter set it across the entire system?

Yes, it is system wide

a user has 2 sessions open, will it log out both sessions or just the session that has been inactive?

It will logout all the sessions

Here is the detail

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/52/6717e0439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your answers, you have answered my question.