cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

few Confirmation not updated by batch user but by the creator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am in ECS and when confirmation is created in SRM it will automaticlly updated by the cleanreqreq_up (batch_user) after 5 mins and when i goto Confirmation it says created by (user) and Changed by (Batch_user). i know Backend number of the confirmation gets updated by the batch_user.

But now in few cases the created by and the changed by will be the same user means its not updated back by batch_user but by the same user who created the Confirmation. what can be the reason how i can rectify this.

Smriti

Edited by: Smriti arora on May 11, 2010 11:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it could be your SM59 USER.

If you put CONFIRMATIONS in SRM and history will be updated in ECC as SM59 user.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for your help but in my SM59 user SRMRFCECC is maintained. so what else i can look upon

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check status are updated indeed correctly.

do you have any entry in bbp_docuemnt_tab table for these confirmations.

check one more point ..

bbp_pd - bus2203 - confirmation number last changed by..

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Muthu,

NO entry found in BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB.

when i goto BBP_PD and see the Changed by value then same the user who creates is the same user in Changed by but is should be batch_user and i dont know it happeeing in 2-3 cases yet out of 1000 .

Smriti

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a few reasons the "CHANGED_BY" is not the creator of the document in SRM system. For example, if the document needs approval, the approver or the generic user for workflow process (typically WF-BATCH) would be the CHANGED_BY user. The reason you see system user in your backend Confirmation is because it is created by the RFC user (the "batch user" you mentioned) when SRM confirmation is transferred to ECC.

When confirmation is created in SRM and BBP_GET_STATUS_2 (not CLEAN_REQREQ_UP) is run, the confirmed quantity/value would be updated to the relevant SRM PO (if you are running ECS). Therefore the PO's CHANGED_BY user would turn into the system/RFC user again.

If you'd ask me, the CHANGED_BY user could be the creator or the document, another dialog user, or the system user. And there is really nothing to rectify, just some explanation if you wish. Usually the reason behind it can be obtained by looking at the document change history in SRM or ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay Yang for your Elaborated reply but i need to know one thing in few of the cases in confirmation Changed_by field is same as the creator of the Shopping cart but all the information is updated properly.

Can you pleaselet me know the reason why this happens sometime in few of the cases.

Smriti

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the shopping cart creator (or the requestor) creates the confirmation, then his/her name would be the created_by and changed_by for the confirmation initially. Then your job with report CLEAN_REQREQ_UP runs. If successful, the backend confirmation information, such as confirmation number would be updated to the SRM confirmation. If the report is run by batch user, the batch user would become the changed_by for your confirmation.

Now, if you realize the job has run, but changed_by user is not changed to batch user, there could be a couple of reasons:

1. the job fails meaning the confirmation is not updated in the backend. In this case, the confirmation in SRM would not have status "posted in the backend".

2. the report CLEAN_REQREQ_UP is run by the confirmation creator either manually or set up as such in the job

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jay Yang,

thanks for your elaborated information on not updated by batch_user.

I have one doubt.

I can see that my confirmation is getting updated when clean req req job runs but in few of the cases it display the creator name. but my batch job is configured with Batch_user.

What else i can analyse to know why sometime changed by information is not updated by clean req req....is that a standard bug ?

Smriti