cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I size application server RZ10 parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are some of the guidelines for sizing application server. I have 3 app servers and a CI/DB. I have properly sized the CI/DB with parameters based on HW and expected usage.

Is there a guideline which parameters that I can reuse from the CI/DB instance?

I haven't found any app server RZ10 parameters that are only for app server.

Or can I simply copy parameters from CI/DB over to the app server and update the domain name for each app server?

Thanks

Weyland Yutani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Weyland,

There are no specific application server parameters in SAP. You can reuse the parameters of your CI, but you probably have to increase the number of wp's and decrease the number of batch wp's on the CI.

When you are running a traditional CI, you should remove the rdisp/wp_no_enq from the app server profiles.

You should take the usage of your system into account when doing your sizing. Do you want to use one app server for batches or is the load spread equally over the servers. Do you accept users to work in the CI or not.

As a rule of the thumb, you can use the following statement for sizing:

On your CI/DB reserve the memory for the OS and the database, the rest can be allocated for SAP.

On your app server, reserve the memory for the OS (and maybe other applications) and give the rest to SAP.

Furthermore this will be an ongoing process. After a couple of weeks running with your new servers, you probably have to change some parameters. Check the amount of swaps in st02, load distribution, etc.

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually after building a SAP system and before going into production you would request SAP to do a SAP GoingLive Check on your system in which they will give parameter recommendations based on your hardware, product, configuration etc

See http://service.sap.com/supportofferings for further information.

Nelis