Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import TR RD1K903861 into system contain RD1K903861 related to other area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have two Separate ECC environments old and new

new one built as a system copy from old one (old Prod)

the old landscape is RD1, RQ1, RP1.

and the new also is RD1,RQ1,RP1.

SP stack level in old < SP in the new.

configuration/customization was opened in both old DEV and New DEV. So some configuration done in old DEV and need to be copied to new DEV. and also new lanscape contains new customizing not exit in old.

now I want to import some TR's from the old DEV into new DEV. using add to buffer command.

but we facing problem the transport numbers which needed to be imported into the new DEV already exit with different configuration.

Example. I want to import TR (RD1K903861 FI settings) from old DEV (RD1) into new dev with same SID and contains one transport with same TR number (RD1K903861 MM settings).

as you can see, the same TR exist in both .

How can I do that?

FYI: this is not only for one or two TRs I have to do it for almost 150 TRs need to be imported.

Please Advice.

OS4SE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said by Shitij... I think your permanent solution will be to change the SID of your target systems.

Its not a good practice to have 2 landscapes with the same SID's

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Obviously this conflict was waiting to happen since you had the same SIDs for both the landscapes.

SAP strongly suggests against using the same SID in a landscape.

Either you should have maintained different SIDs or another way would have been to change the transport request numbering sequence in you new environment. If you do this, you can set the numbering to start from something like RD1K910000 or any number of your choice. This could have helped you in avoiding any such conflict as long as the TR numbers did not exceed this.

Solution?

You can try to backup the data and cofiles directories of the target system and put the source system's directories in place and then try to carry out the import. Once the imports are done, you can remove these source directories and put the backed up directories back in their place.

But this method is also not really correct coz this import may replace your existing common RD1* target transports.

So, basically I don't think there is a solution to this other than reinstalling you system with different SID.

Regards,

Shitij