cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create new components for service desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For Service Desk, to use it for non-SAP components, we are planning to create new Z* components. Can some one tell me how to do it? From reading through the messages, I can see that adding entries to tables - dswp_csncomp and dswpcsncomptxt should be able to create the components. When I tried going to SM30 and provided these table names, its not letting me maintain the tables. When i click Maintain, it gives me the message - "The called function with the view/table DSWPCSNCOMPTXT needs a special maintenance dialog which, however, either does not exist at all, or does not exist completely" - Can some one tell me how this can be done - please ?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jim

You cann't edit or add SAP Components hierarchy in standard or via customizing.

you need to go for development

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on May 11, 2010 2:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thats about the hierarchy, right? Cant I add the components as mentiioned in one of the posts by Dharmak Mohit here ()??

If that is the case, for non-SAP systems, how can I use components?

Please help...

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

It is sap hierarchy you can't edit it and the thread you are referring to

it is a development they have talked about which i have told you earlier itself but that will create a problem during upgrades and you need to test it everytime after upgrade so you need to check before to go for that development.

Secondly you can go for service desk XT license there is small variation and separate license to be taken and then you can use service desk for NON SAP problem

like printer not working etc

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Service Desk XT is just a piece of paper. SAP dont provide anything with it, No docs, no support, no addons - it is just payment to get a license.

For non-sap systems, one has to find a way to do this. There is no way out.

Thanks