cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAPCCMSR agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

As part of Business Process Monitoring in SolMan. I need to monitor the existence of the file.

I was refering to the Setup Guide for IF Mon. It recomends to install the SAPCCMSR agent.

I need to check the existence of the file which comes and sit on the Application FTP server.

I have 2 questions:

Question 1: Where do I need to install the SAPCCMSR agent. On the FTP server where I need to check the file?. What access do I need to have on this server.

Question 2: Do I need to install any other agent beside this and should I need to install on the Solution Manager server.

Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John

> Question 1: Where do I need to install the SAPCCMSR agent. On the FTP server where I need to check the file?. What access do I need to have on this server.

The Agent is installed on the managed system. e.g. The FTP Server

> Question 2: Do I need to install any other agent beside this and should I need to install on the Solution Manager server.

You will need to create CSMREG and CMSCONF files via TC RZ21 and register the agent witht he setup tool.

Then setup your alert monitor in RZ20.

RFCs between Satellite and Solman must be working.

What needs to be done on the Solution Manager system? Have a look over this link"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/d7/28cbcf6dfd455ca8257bf5939a7c48/frameset.htm

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul for your response.

I have maintained the RFC connection between the solution manager and the production server. and the CCMSR agent is installed on the production box ( Satellite system). The production server access the ftp server to read the file ( inbound and outbound).

So what I understand is that I need to create a RFC connection with the ftp server and solution manager- I am not sure how to create , can you pls guide me.

And the CCMSR agent need to be installed on the FTP server?

Appreciate your inputs...

Regards

John

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John,

CCMS is SAPu2019s open, integrated infrastructure Centrally monitoring SAP landscapes

comprising:

Components based on SAP Web Application

Server, or SAP Basis Release as of 3.0

Other SAP components

Non-SAP components

I am thinking the FTP Server is not an SAP system.

Non-SAP components must have a way to feed data to the CCMS system.

So the manufacturer would code for this open standard. If the product

does not support the open standard, there is no option to use CCMS.

If they do then they would provide connection details.

Hopefully this may shed some light here.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Thanks, your response were valuable, rewarded with the points.

Thanks again.

Regards

John