cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product subsitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a business requirement which I have difficulty putting on the system.

We have a third part sales. So whenever the customer orders material A (eg 40 gb), we will ship it when we have it. IF we dont have it, we would substitute with B (80gb) and when we dont even have both A & B (40 and 80), we ship C (100gb). Ther problem is that we might not have mat. A today but can have it tommorrow. Since the system is date specific for product subsitution procedure, how should I go about it?

Also the client would be charging customer the price for material A even if it supplies material C but would pay the vendor the exact amount for the material procured.

Thank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

At a high level, I can suggest this.

Define a material determination for the product A & B. Define substitution reason non availability. Choose option A in Outcome of substitution sothat substituted products will appear as sub items. IF A is not there, then substitute to B & if B also not there then C. Assign the material determination procedure to your sales doc types. In the requirement routine o the determination procedure, put a condition to check for the next available date of the material. IF the next available date is more than 2 days for eg, only then your substitution should be called. Meaning, if date if availability of material A is more than 2 days from current date only then it should substitute to B.

In sales order prog MV45AFZZ, in pricing user exit, put a code sothat higher level item (main item) pricing is considered rather than sub item).

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If solved, kindly close the thread and share your feedback, else let us know your further query.

Thanks & Regards

JP

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on your business requirement. Following are my observations and suggestions:

1. Your senario can't be regarded as 3rd party sales. As you are delivering the mat to the customer. If you are delv then it trading sales.

2. Definitely, product substitution will work fine, when MAT is there in stock and not when not in stock. For this you can configure your Schedule Line Cat, in case after the availability check there is no stock generation it should trigger relevant PR for procurement.

3. Use of a relevant user exit can take care of your pricing issue.

Thanks & Regards,

J Prakash