Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WGATE configuration in windows

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Good Morning,

I am going to start the installation of WGATE server in my windows environment. I searched a lot in internet but could not find a relevent one for windows system.

Could anyone provide me what are the steps i have to take to install this web server. Again i am going to configure the whole ITS system. Someone all ready install the AGATE server. So how can i proceed.

Your helpful hints always most welcome.

Thank You.

Jituda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I have got one document

"SAP @WEB 6.20 Installation GuidePatchlevel 23 or higher Including Installation of SAP ITS on Windows,Linux (AGate/WGate) and SAP@Web Studio"

Now i am unsure that in which CD i will get the installation setup for this WGATE guide for 6.20. That means to say in which sap software cd i will get the setup of wgate .Any help will be appriciatable

Kind regards,

Jituda

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Finally got the CD where the ITS 6.20 reside.. Its SAP Neatweaver 2004

Cheers.

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

hello folks,

Just a concern, i got a cd of SAP Neatweaver where ITS 6.2 is there. But the cd number of this softeware is different from the one which is showing in the SAP Marketplace.

Is it posible??

Kind Regards,

jituda

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jituda,

You can download the ITS 6.20 from the SAP Marketplace. The path is:

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group > SAP Frontend Components >SAP ITS > SAP ITS 6.20

You just download it and run the file to install. During the installation procedure it will ask if you would like to install the WGate, AGate, or both.

Edgar

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edger,

Thanks a lot.

I already installed the wgate to my system as same as your way. I did exactly the same.

Could you please tell me how i now connect to this WGATE to AGATE ,& other required post installation steps.

Thank YOu.

Kind Regards,

Jitiuda

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jituda,

I think you would benefit greatly by reading the ITS Administration Guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/211cc811f21a74e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Especially the "ITS Administration" > "WGate Configuration" section.

If you entered the correct information during installation then you should not have to do anything to get the WGate connected to the AGate. If you did not enter the information correctly then you would need to edit the ItsRegistryWGATE.xml file on the WGate server to get the WGate connected to the AGate.

If you have additional issues then it would be helpful to know what the error is when you try to call the ITS url.

Edgar

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Edger,

Yes you are right.

The installation of WGATE server was successfully completed.

Now I am able to access the system through the url from local network as well as from outside.

What i now faces is that some of the pages of the list which i am not able to access. It says "the page cannot be displayed". Further investigation i have found that the .asp files are not able to access.

Any hint

Kind Regards,

Jituda

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Now i am able to access these pages also. But i am not able access SAP system through it..sometime said password is not correct

One more query, i have with me the services & template files , where i have to put this files. Again when i read the installation guide found that at the time of SAPinst it ask automatically. But i am not sure that whether i put the location of this file name at the time of installation. Is there any way to put this file now??

Should i have to maintained something from the r3 level i mean to say from SAP level, what r the rfc for agate & for wgate i ave to maintained in the SAP level

Any hint??

Kind regards,

Jituda

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jituda,

First off, there are no asp files for the ITS. So I don't know where you got those from or what they are for.

Template go on the AGate only. They are in the following location ..\<v.ITS>\templates\

Mimes go on the WGate only. They are in the following location ..\sap\its\mimes\

(v.ITS is the name of the instance.)

Edgar

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thats great. I have checked & found that all this files are in place.

Let me know is there any RFC i have to maintain in R/3 level for this wgate & agate as well.

Kind Regards,

Jituda

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jituda,

There is no RFC to set up on the R/3 system for the normal usage of the ITS. You can set up the IACOR service on the ITS servers though so that you can publish from SE80 directly to your Standalone ITS 6.20 instances. By setting up the IACOR process it will create an RFC link automatically. You can find information on IACOR in the online documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/44/28537cdf6653ece10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Edgar

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Now the RFC's are working fine.

I am able to login the site through url. But when i click one of the tab it asking the user id & password detail. When I enter the required the details & execute , nothing happen ..come to same page. But after three time enter the details the user id locked. After that I have unlocked the user from SAP.

Could you please tell me where i am wrong??

Or any hint

Kind Regards,

Jituda

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jituda,

This does not contain enough information to help you.

What service did you logon to? What is the tab you are clicking on? Do you know the URL of the tab?

Edgar

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edger,

When i click one of the tab I got the below message

"Interpreter Failed

The Internet Transaction Server failed to generate the response page for the current request.

The ITS was not able to locate a resource file for the language en and even a language dependent template could not be found. The ITS therefore expected to find a language independent template. This template could not be processed.

Please check the trace files for further information.

Make sure the template and resource files are stored in the appropriate template directory."

Kind Regards,

Jituda

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jituda,

This error is usually correct. Meaning you are missing the language resource file. It could also mean that you are missing the template completely. Please look in the templates directory for this service and see if there are any *.htrc files (language resource). You can also add ~generatedynpro 1 to your service file for this service and see if the ITS can generate the output dynamically.

Edgar

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Edger,

Could you please tell me how I upgrade the current patch level of ITS server. Actually i just want to upgrade the patch level to 34 ,but when I download the 34 patch i found that its a executable file. And when i double click it it will come to initial page of installation.

Thank YOu.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jituda,

It sounds like you have downloaded the correct file. Just run the executable, it will then prompt you to upgrade your existing ITS instance or to install a new ITS instance. Choose the upgrade option and you're set.

Edgar

Answers (0)