cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSID Parameter Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am installing Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 to my system. My final purpose is to use the SOLMAN in order to

install EHP4 in my ABAP SID <XXX>.

Which <SAPSID> do I have to use in order to install it. It should be the <SAPSID> I want to upgrade or I could create a new <SAPSID> and upgrade the other system later from there? Hope the question is clear.

Thanks in advance.

<<text removed>>

Pau

Edited by: Matt on May 17, 2010 9:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pau,

I am not sure why you would not want to upgrade your existing Solution Manager system to EHP1.

However you can create a new SID and install Solman 7.0 EHP1 there for the purpose of the upgrade.

Make sure you do not define it as the same SID under the same installation. If its the same installation, it must be a different SID.

Certianly this is possible. If the need to upgrade to EHP4 was immediate, and the change requirements do not allow an upgrade opportunity for the Solution Manager system in the near term, then this would be a way to to have a platform in the landscape that could facilitate the EHP4 upgrade.

I hope I have understood your question and the information has been helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

Thanks for a quick answer.

I didn't mention that I don't have the Solution Manager installed.

I have to install it because it is mandatory for EHP4...then I will install the last version --> SOLMAN 7.0 EHP1

Then,if I haven't missunderstood you, I could create a new SAPSID system into my HOST for my Solution Manager for example EX2, and once is installed use it to upgrade my other SAPSID, for example EX1 with the EHP4.

Thanks in advance again.

Pau

Edited by: Pau Llado Perez on May 10, 2010 7:34 PM

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pau,

Yes, you could create a new SID for a Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 installation on a server, say called S01, and once installed and configured you could use S01, and through Maintenance Optimizer and SLM upgrade/install EHP4 on EX1. So you have a correct understanding.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for such a clear answer.

Pau

Answers (0)