cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Assignment

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create an Assignment on a Image field. Based on certain condition i need to assign a image to the record.

The assignement expression is IF(Product ID <> 1000 , "xxx.jpg"), but this is not working.

In case of look up fields we have an option to select a particular value but in case of image how can we do that?

Thanks,

Shashank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

In case of look up fields we have an option to select a particular value but in case of image how can we do that?

Yes you are right, we don't have this field to select image name from look-ups tab in assignment expression.

As per my understanding, you can't link image with main table record using Assignments. I would suggest create a source excel file with two columns Product ID and Images. Give the exact image name corresponding to Product ID. After importing (making available) all images in Data group through Data Manager, You can link this Product ID with Images using Import Manager with this source excel file.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for your reply, but directly importing the image names and product IDs using an excel will not satisfy the use case.

The requirement is that based on the value of a Integer field we need assign images, e.g. range 0 to 15 ---Image1 ,range 16 to 35 --Image 2 etc this is the reason why i was trying for Assignments expressions.

Can there be any workarounds for this?

Thanks and Regards,

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

Say you have source file with 3 fields:

ProductID(DisplayField) IntegerField(Range) ImageName

123 1 Image1.jpg

124 2 Image1.jpg

125 3 Image1.jpg

189 15 Image1.jpg

200 16 Image2.jpg

201 17 Image2.jpg

and so-on.

You will map these 3 source file field with target MDM fields using import manager. I think it should work.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

The data will be pushed from the remote system as an xml and this xml can not have the image name as a field.

Due to this we can not assign the images during the import.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions, we are planning to have a work around for this.

Thanks,

Shashank