cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature automatically inserted for batch processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys... hope you can shed some light...

Is it possible to generate a non-interactive form with a digital signature already in-place?

We're generating invoices in batch processing and need to have a digital signature in place when we email the PDF to our vendor. The digital signature will always be the same.

I did see this in the LCD help:

"You can use Adobe document services to sign a document, validate a 
signature, select the collection of objects to lock, or certify a PDF 
document programmatically. This workflow is ideal when a large number 
of documents require a signature because they can be signed in a batch 
process. 
To sign PDF documents in Adobe document services, configure the web 
service for secure access using the secure sockets layer (SSL). For 
details about this configuration, see the Adobe document services 
Configuration documentation." 

I have a link to the older ADS config document [-Here-|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a9630b-4f89-2a10-6fab-e311b3ffd9a6] and am in the process of looking through it.

However, has anyone done something like this already?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

did you check the standard server-side signing demo in your ERP system? I have never used the signatures but am convinced that the only functionality will be the one demonstrated in the report. I believe it is something like FP_TEST_17 or something like that, you can check for yourself or i can check that for you tomorrow:)) And.... unluckilly... I am afraid the form must be interactive to be able to use the signature, but that is only my personal opinion and have no proof pro or con.

Hope you´re doing well and will be happy to talk again soon,

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otto,

thanks!

I hadn't checked out the demo - i didn't even know there was a demo program provided . BTW, it's FP_TEST_07.

I do believe you're correct that it needs to be an interactive form - that wont be an issue for us.

There is some documentation floating around that we're trying to piece together - we have our Basis team configuring the ADS for SSL connections.

From what I've seen, I think we have to store our signature in the ADS and attach it at run time.

Too many moving parts - I don't like it when I have to get more than 1 group involved to complete a develoment item.

I'll keep this thread updated as we progress.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a lucky guess:)) Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Robert,

We have a similar requirement of displaying the digital signatures on the pdf when it is sent to user. But unfortunately we are not able to progress.

Our basis team confirmed that the ADS SSL is configured but when I am generating my PDF, it is not showing any signature but a blank signature field with red mark inside that signature box. if I click on the signature field, it prompts me for entering the digital ID. All I want is that signature in that field that has to be set by program itself(it should fetch it from the server). I am not sure what am I missing here. Badly stuck

It would be great if you can share how you have achieved the same.

Regards,

Sonam Raheja

Answers (0)