cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'file:/

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a simple requirement that I have to read a text file from an FTP server and put it in AL11 PI Server. NO need for mapping(IR is not required).

To upload file in AL11 server, used NFS protocol,

when I put some test file in sender FTP server. PI is picking that file. when I check SXMB_MONI it showed successful message.

I checked in RWB in message monitoring and status is showed as 'Successful'.

When I check SXMB_MONI payload, error message "

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

-

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/SKoliparthiVenkata/L...

abc test file for SVS upload - I0040 23 test file - 05/10/2010

^

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You are using Integrated Configution scenario in PI 7.1

In that case you won't see any payload's in SXMB_MONI. If you don't have any IR content and you are USING adnvace adapter engine to pick the file and post the file in FTP server and you won't be able to see the data in SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Venu.

0 Kudos

I am not using integrated configuration scenario. I am using the normal way.

created Sender/receiver communication channel, sender/receiver agreement, interface determination.

Sorry,

Now when I check in RWB -> Message monitoring, displayed error message as "System Error".

I am not using any mapping( IR not used). Just need to read file from one FTP server and then dump in AL11 PI server.

In SXMB_MONI, status was shown as 'Successful'. In Inbound message(CENTRAL) -> Payloads -> MainDocument

error message displayed as

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

-

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/SKoliparthiVenkata/L...

abc test file for SVS upload - I0040 23 test file - 05/10/2010

^

Regards,

Krishna

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Krishna,

By clicking Inbound message(CENTRAL) -> Payloads -> MainDocument, you will be able to see the data in the file(If it is XML).

It is not the way to find the error.

When you find the system error message in RWB->Message Monitoring, click on the details button.

Go to the last page of the audit log.

It will show you the actual reason for your message to be a failure.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

I checked and I got the error message as "

Delivering the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.exception.standard.SAPIllegalArgumentException: The parameter "argument" has the value "E:\baecsdev01\data\inbound\SVS\SVS_data_upload.", so it contains the character "E:\baecsdev01\data\inbound\SVS\SVS_data_upload." which is not allowed."

In configuration-> communication channel, I mentioned path as

Target Directory: \baecsdev01\data\inbound\SVS

File name scheme: SVS_data_upload.txt

REgards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Just chage to foward slash instead of back slash.

Target Directory: \baecsdev01\data\inbound\SVS to /baecsdev01/data/inbound/SVS/

File name scheme: SVS_data_upload.txt

Regards,

Venu

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Venu.

I changed the path and added one more backslash at front and now file is uploading.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rama krishna,

It must be an invalid XML file. (Some non-xml data).

You can only view proper XML data.

Did you check the RWB-Message monitoring at the adapter level and look for any errors?

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana