Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring availability - Different action for Production/Non-production

rob0d
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We've configured availability monitoring on our central monitoring system using CCMSPING agent. Everything is configured correctly and working nicely. However, I have a problem how to take a different action depending on whether alert was raised for production or non-production system.

I've configured an autoreaction method for MTE class Availability_SysPercent_ABAP. This class is not dependent on the remote system. It is the same for all monitored systems, which is the reason for my problems.

If I assign an autoreaction method to the MTE class, the same method will be called if there is an alert for any of the monitored systems. The autoreaction method automatically logs a new ticket in our call handling system. Unfortunately the call handling system can't parse the email to find out which system was the alert generated for. It can only raise a ticket based on some keywords in the content of the email.

The way we configure CCMS for everything (apart from availability) is that we assign different autoreaction methods to different MTE classes. It can't be done in this case as there is only one MTE class. We can't assign different autoreaction method to individual MT elements as this is lost (see note 660126). One of the options could be to change CCMSPING to generate a different MTE class for production and non-production systems, but I haven't found a way of doing it. Another option was to have 2 CCMSPINGs, but they both use the same MTE class.

Has anyone got any experience with this or can suggest anything we can try?

Thanks,

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its still available.

You can still assign different method to nodes.

Its working fine , we are using.

You can assign different method to different systems in RZ20 itself.

Regards,