cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a RE sales doc type with one line item 10. The incompletion log says that there is a missing GL account for line item 10. when i click on the same , the system takes me to account determination analysis screen which says "NO GL account for account determination type KOFK". In the analysis screen of account determination, the system says that " value in doc is sales org Es10 and account key as zrl. But in VKOA , i could not find entry for sales org ES10 and ZRL acct key.

Iam not able to understand how account determination can happen at sales document level ??

Some of the facts related to this sales order are.

for the only line item, there is a z038 condition type determined through condition record but with condition value is zero since condition base value is zero. The condition base value is zero since the basic price is zero. Z038 is a rebate condition with rquirement 24 attached to it. requirement 24 says that condition type is determined in invoice/ return request/returns.

The other condition type is zscm for this line item only and it's conditon value is 100 USD and the GL account is found for this conditon type.

also for this line item 10, there is wbs element defined in account assignment.

my questions are :-

a) Iam not able to understand how account determination can happen at sales document level ??

b) how to correct the above issue ,"i.e GL account missing ". If I maintain account key ZRL and sales org Es10 combination in VKOA, will the system remove the error considering that value of conditon type z038 is zero

c) is there any connection between WBS element and this "incompletion log" of missing GL account in sales order.

d) If I modify the requirement 24, that if condition value is zero, do not set the condition type , then will the "missing GL account " issue be solved ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System automatically posts the values of each pricing element like price, tax, discounts into respective GL accounts.

So as to post respective GL accounts through accounting keys that we specify for each price element group in our

pricing procedure the values of the pricing elements automatically posted in a respective GL accounts by revenue

account determination, which is carryout by the system by using condition technique.

Define account assignment groups for customers and materials: Transaction code: OVK8

Define dependencies of revenue account determination: Transaction code: V/12

Define access sequence and account determination types

Define account determination types

Define and assign account determination procedures

Assign account determination procedure

Define account keys

Assign account keys

Assign GL accounts: Transaction code: VKOA

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

The question over here is that why is the system asking GL at Sales Order level? Does the system post anything in FI when we save sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a) Iam not able to understand how account determination can happen at sales document level ??

It can happen at SO level

b) how to correct the above issue ,"i.e GL account missing ". If I maintain account key ZRL and sales org Es10 combination in VKOA, will the system remove the error considering that value of conditon type z038 is zero

Yes. I faced this issue as well. Try it & I believe ur problem will be solved.

c) is there any connection between WBS element and this "incompletion log" of missing GL account in sales order.

I am not sure but there seems to be a connection

d) If I modify the requirement 24, that if condition value is zero, do not set the condition type , then will the "missing GL account " issue be solved ?

Dont think so but you can try.

Regards