cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import 4.6c transport into ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have transport files created in 4.6c version of SAP containing ABAP objects. What is the procedure to import it into a ECC 6.0 development system? The two development systems are disconnected.

Thanks in advance.

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not recommended to transport between 2 system having different SAP releases and support pack level.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to read the following note and other notes it references.

Note 1090842 - Composite note: Transport across several releases

I have seen this done for basis releases 7.0 to 4.6c and 6.20 to 7.0 without many issues, but we also did it to a sandbox first to confirm there were no issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

Once you release this request in 46C system, there will be corresponding cofile and data file generated in OS directories /usr/sap/trans/cofiles and /usr/sap/trans/data if default transport directory is not changed --> copy these 2 files to the corresponding directories of target ECC 6.0 system --> go to STMS in ECC 6.0 --> F5 once --> double click on the target development system --> Extras --> other requests --> Add --> find the request number --> import it as usual.

Be aware of any potential object inconsistency because of different kernel release before doing this !!

Regards,

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> Once you release this request in 46C system, there will be corresponding cofile and data file generated in OS directories >/usr/sap/trans/cofiles and /usr/sap/trans/data if default transport directory is not changed --> copy these 2 files to the >corresponding directories of target ECC 6.0 system --> go to STMS in ECC 6.0 --> F5 once --> double click on the target >development system --> Extras --> other requests --> Add --> find the request number --> import it as usual.

>

> Be aware of any potential object inconsistency because of different kernel release before doing this !!

This is technically possible. But I will never do thins thing as the version of objects differ a large between 4.6c and ECC 6.0 system and this could make system inconsistent.

Thanks

Sunny