cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDAu00B4s transfer capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

We're implementing MI 7.1 and our customer is planning to send 28.000 records into the PDA.

Have anyone had similar data volume for initial load? Any comments will be relevant for us.

Best regards,

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The 28,000 records is for initial download,

Iu2019m going to check your suggest with setup package.

thanks Alan and Amit.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

28K records for initial load for a PDA is too much.As Alan suggested, please use setup package for that.

How much is the expected record upload/download after initial load? If it's very high, I would suggest remodelling the application in such a way that only the required data flows down to the client for ex Is the user expected to run search on 28K records OR filter the record, assuming that after filtering the record size is 1K then also it's still a large no of records to work with.

Hence, its not only about initial load but also the size of recordset you intend to use during runtime.If it's high it will demanding on the PDA.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the specs of the PDA?

Is the 28,000 records for initial download or is this what you expect on a regular basis for synchronization?

Our business scenario had some power users creating about a 1,000 records per day and downloading another 1,500 records per day.

With the MC9090 64/128MB memory and 624 mhz processor it was a struggle.

Most times when the records of more than 1,000 messages, the synchronization will time out because PDA cannot process within the window.

I would suggest you use the packaging option of messages, I believe DO Sync Extract, in the DOE configuration, experts please correct if I am wrong.

If the 28,000 records are for initial download or during setup of device with application, then I suggest going with Setup Package.