cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Analysis is not considering Spending on Closed Lower Level WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my company we are finding an issue related to RA on Projects.

Current when Results Analysis runs on Revenue Projects it ignores any spending on closed lower level WBS elements and makes or adjusts financial P&L postings based on what it sees.

Our Business - Accounts team wants Results Analysis should be changed to pick up spending on closed lower level WBS elements as long as the Level 1 WBS element is not closed.

Want guidance for how this can be possible through Configuration or if any OSS note for same.

or any other alternative which makes this possible.

I was thinking to add validation of not allowing lower Level WBS to close till Level-1 is closed (i.e All the WBS can be closed simultaneousl) which is ok for Business- But I want expert suggestion about whether this approach will be correct for prolem resolution.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer

I would consider as below as per your guidance :

1) Create new User Status which will be used by Project Execution team to mark as WBS closed instead of CLSD system Status, so that all the Business process except RA can be forbidden.

2) To avoid closure of lower Level WBS by any person (by mistake), keep a validation so that lower level WBS can not be closed till Level-1 is Closed

correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Regards

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For 2, I would suggest to use the same user status to forbid the setting of system CLSD, so that if that particular user status is active, you cannot close the WBS Element, and you allow setting CLSD at next user status. so that whenever you want to close the WBS Element change the user status and then close it.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For 2 you can restrict with CLSD user status by authorisation keys instead of Validation. So that system allow

the authorised person to close the lower level WBSE.

Regards,

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to use User status instead of validation. create a suitable user status which allows running RA but forbids other business transaction like in the case of CLSD.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think in your scenario you can make system status of Lower level WBSE as TECO not the CLSD. In CLSD system doesn't allow the RA business transaction. However in TECO status system allows RA.

If it is mandatory the put the system status as CLSD for lower level WBSE, then user status or validation can be used in your case.

Regards,