cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPVS - Routing using 3rd party product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am implementing TPVS functionality in my APO System and I have a doubt that I could not identify how to treat in my documentations neither in the customizing.

I would like to use a 3rd party product to get the best route, itinerary and better distance accuracy to update my shipment document when creating this document

Unfortunately I did not find where and how to do this.

Could anyone give me the directions in how to do this (if it is possible)?

Thanks in advance,

Thiago

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiago,

I hope the below link will fulfill your requirement

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/2c/850583e0a9b644a642205156fe2fb0/frameset.htm

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This link is useful, but it is not clear enough.

I'd like to know if it is possible to replace the calculation that is made by standard geocoding coordinates by a 3rd party program?

Do I just need to set the GIS feature and follow the link that you sent me?

Have you ever implemented this feature?

Thanks again,

Thiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiago,

Could you please more ellaborate your exact requirement.

Also brief on 3rd party product that you have referred

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear R. Senthil,

I just would like to execute another program to return the best route based on the related locations.

I bought a license of a 3rd party product (kind of mapquest) that returns (based on City, Street, number and ZIP code) the specific latitude and longitude values. Also, the program returns the best itinerary to use and the distance from each leg.

The carriers use the same program to calculate the freight cost.

Once my payment to them is based in KM, the distance that this program is returning is the same distance that carrier will be expecting to receive.

Probably I will have to use the GIS feature.

But I am not sure how to use and how could I replace the values that TPVS returns based on transportation lanes by the values that my program returns.

Is this clear enough?

Thanks again!

Thiago