cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula for calculating characteristic values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have got 4 inspection charactreistics which are assigned to the inspection plan of the material.

The fourth character's result is calculated from a formula using the first 3 characteristic results.

I have selected the characteristic as "Calculated Characteristic".

Please tell me what are all the settings I need to do?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case create first 3 MIC as your regular quantities MIC with regular settings that using in control indicator..

For 4th MIC you want to calculate formula say for example addition of 3 MIC or average of 3 MIC.

Un 4 th MIC in control indicator keep calculate formula check box on.

If you want addition of 3 MIC then your formula may be C010C020C030

If you want average then formula may be (C010C020C030)/3

( In above all are zeros not O )

Regards

SANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

For example, your requirement is MIC4= MIC1MIC2MIC3

1. Create MIC1, MIC2 and MIC3 as normal char as you gnerally create

2. While creating MIC4, check the box "calc. char" in the second page of control indicator in QS21

3. While making inspection plan, make sure you add MIC4 after other 3 char. ie, char 40 should be MIC4

4. when you add MIC4 in plan, system will automatically prompt for formula, put formula as C040=C010C020C030

5. Save

When you do RR and put values of first 3 char, system will auto calculate value for MIC4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

1. First select MIC control indicators for Calculated characteristics. Maintian all characteristics as required charc, optional not allowed

2. Once u assign calc mic to inspection plan, system promts for Formula field as a mandatory field.

3. Define formula in mic 4 (c040) as (c010c020c030) in case of addition else use customer defined formula & save

4. The RR values get updated in Mittlewert field of QASR,QAMV table

with regards,

K.Lokesh.