cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File_Rfc_File in PI7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

iam working on File_Rfc_File scenario...

My requirement is my input file consist Plant no...my output should be Coressponding equipment no according to the plant...

its working out fine.....

But it is posible to have empty flat file as i pass constant value to plant..if i gve as empty flat file is thr any chance to get required output...

With Regards..

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I think it is OK with the empty input file, you pass the constant value for Plant in mapping, then RFC and the output file do their jobs.

regards,

Thien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frends...

I have selected empty file handling but the file has picked but response value is not coming....

In CC monitoring is says like ths "Channel cc_equi_req: Empty document found - proceed without sending message."..

wat may the issue..

With Regards.

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Don't select the empty file handling check box, because there is no use if we send the blank fiel also because the RFC may give an error message instead of that not selecting the empty file handling check box is better option.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi frends,

i have did content conversion...now my input file as only plant value according to this..my equipmemt list got displayed...

thanks for everyone..

With Regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dinesh.

it is posible to have empty flat file as i pass constant value to plant..

if i understand correctly , are you hard coding the constant value for Plant,when your sender file has empty Plant tag.

Assuming that you have select the option process empty file option in the sender channel.

if i gve as empty flat file is thr any chance to get required output.

If the constant value passed thru mapping has a corresponding value in the RFC return, then i thing u can get the output.

provided you select empty file handling.

regards,

Srinivas

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
My requirement is my input file consist Plant no.
But it is posible to have empty flat file as i pass constant value to plant.

how will the file be empty then? When you say that a constant value is passed to the source element, then your file does not remain empty.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do an empty file handling

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

Handling of Empty Files

Specify how empty files (length 0 bytes) are to be handled.

u25CB       Do Not Create Message

No XI messages are created from empty files.

The files are processed according to the selected Processing Mode.

For example, if the processing mode is Delete, empty files are deleted in the source directory.

u25CB       Process Empty Files

XI messages are created with an empty main payload.

The files are processed according to the selected Processing Mode.

u25CB       Skip Empty Files

No XI messages are created from empty files.

Empty files are skipped and remain in the source directory.