cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW7.1 Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one business scenario where we want to download the complete set of transactional data like Service order for a complete plant via getlist function module corresponding to data object for initial download and using BTE incase of any changes from R/3and then filter the data on middleware via distribution rule to seperate workcenters.

In all applications like MAM.MAU and other custom based applicaton i have seen that we use to filter service order data based on user id /userlevel in MI2.5?

what would be the problem if we use getlist to download the data for complete plant and use distribution rule like workcentre etc in NW7.1 to distribute data to devices? ( SAP is not supporting MAM3.1 in NW7.1? how it is being done in MAM3.1 do you have any idea?)

will there be any problem in future ( eg: like updating Service order or anything from client or queues running for long etc?)

Thanks & Regards

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could do things exactly as you mentioned using NW Mobile 7.1 like getting the data down to DOE and distribute according to a criteria etc.

Even if you are loading data from BE for a specific user, at somepoint of time all these users will be operational and the whole data will be available in DOE at that point of time right..,So its all about loading the necessary data during initial load which is a one time activity and later on getting the changed/new data from BE with delta. Just this factor should not create long running queues incase of service order updates or syncs.

But it would be great to makesure that only data relevant for atleast a user shall be loaded to avoid unnecessary data load in DOE and also to get the data model right with appropriate distribution criteria to enable fast processing of data in DOE.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks!!

I have another query.Do you know how exactly delta load trigger via SDOE_LOAD works for DOE triggered data object and Backend triggered data object.

( (for DOE Triggered) i mean it pulls all the getlist data then perform a delta with middleware CDS entries and for changed keys makes a call back to R/3?)

But it would be great to makesure that only data relevant for atleast a user shall be loaded to avoid unnecessary data load in DOE and also to get the data model right with appropriate distribution criteria to enable fast processing of data in DOE.

how this can be done?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For DOE triggered objects, getlist returns the keys in block and for a block of keys, getdetail is invoked. Then it compares with CDS to figure out Inserts, deletes and updates.For objects where large data volume is expected, DOE triggered delta load might be a costly operation during operational phase.(when more devices becomes operational)

In such cases , Backend triggered objects is the best way to go. 2 ways of BE triggered (key push and instance push).

Incase of key push, only for these keys getdetail will be invoked and incase of instance push , not even that.

Loading data relevant to atleast a user could be taken care in your getlist(for eg. if the mobile application users could work on orders with certain set of status only , then this could be filtered in getlist. Other orders even though loaded to DOE will not be sent to any devices)

Other thing is to model the data object correctly, like not duplicating the data storage in multiple segments .,modeling the right rules (a direct rule in certain scenario could be more performant than defining a multi level dependency ) and things like that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thanks for the quick response!!

Liji what happens in case of backend triggered ( key push). For example i have a getlist Service order data object which is sending the complete list of SO for a plant.

when a SO is changed in R/3 using BTE how can we configure that only that particulay key is pushed when i create or change a service order?

and what if i have a sales order linked to service order via dependency. once my Service order is changed..I want to get the updated Sales order also from R/3 so along with keypush of service order i need to push the sales order data also.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For BE push , its not just a configuration , some implementation has to be done in BE. Some details are mentioned in section 5 of this link

[FAQ|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10de86e2-41d0-2c10-7e96-e9337967f7fe?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regarding dependency between objects, there is a feature in NW Mobile 7.1 named associated delta pull where if 2 objects are associated, one of them is updated and the delta reaches DOE, the associated objects will be pulled . If not using this, again the push of associated key to be implemented in BE.

Regards,

Liji

Answers (0)