cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic approval of work item for the repeated approvers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are using SRM5, we are implementing the N-Step approval badi to determine the approvers. Here say if a Shopping cart needs to be approved by four approvers like

A --> First approver

B --> Second approver

C --> Third Approver

A --> Fourth Approver

Here Approver A repeats twice for approval,In that Scenario Approver A needs to approve once , he does not want to approve for the second time which means when the cart comes second time to Approver A needs to be automatically approved ,hence it avoids approver to spend his time on approving the cart.

If any body comes out such scenario please let me know the way to achieve it. Any suggestion reagrding to achive the solution will be appreciated.

thanks,

Sibi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is this your business requirement? can't you convince your client to accept the approver comes only once if he/she comes as approver more than one time. This would be a problem for auditing.

Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deadline Monitoring - Is the one solutions strikes to me.

Like, Your Approves are like A-> B -> C-> A..

After Identifying the approver (as in Std workflow using task TS14007989) then check if this approver was already exist.

If Exist Like (you find A after C and A was already an approver) then Set Latest Start date with Reference to work item creation and put Time as 1 Sec, and Define action.

That means -> Once C approves the SC you need to check who is the next approver and check if he was already an apprver, if Yes, then activate the Latest Stat time (using a container), define an action and approver the shopping cart in background.

All the best,

- Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

You are right, even we had implemented Deadline monitoring stuff in our scenario, in which created a FM which would determine the entire work item list and check which needs to be automatucally approved and that FM called in the deadline monitoring. We need automatic approve needs to be handled dynamically, i mean immediately.

To achive automatic approve we had FM, but where to call is the big question from our end.

Thanks,

Sibi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have system access now. But, In N-Step approval workflow sytems determines all the Approvers First, Next it will loop all the approvers, in that loop there will be a dialogue step. Now call your FM (which check if the current approver is already an approver, Let us say output of FM is X or Space) before Dialogue Step, If output of FM is X then Call a Back ground Step To approve the work item (to approve work item, there is one method in BUS2121, which requres an instance of SC and it will ask for REQUESTOR, once executed, the work item will marked as approved, Pls check), If ouput of FM is SPACe (i.e if it is a new Approver) then continue with the same dialogue step.

All the best,

- Vamsi