cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No alerts from AAE after configured Solman as central Alert Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have configured a Solution Manager system to act as a central alert servcer for our PI landscape. We are using PI 7.1 ehp 1.

I changed the required nodes in the exchange profile and created the PIRWBUSER in the solution manager system. After restarting the J2EE engine of the PI system the alert rules are no created on solutiuon manager and alerts which occur in the integration engine are raised in the solution manager system. However alerts which are raised in the AAE are not forwarded.

When i check the application log in NWA I see the follwing error, whenever an alert should have been raised:

No central monitor defined in RWB.

Thrown:

com.sap.aii.rwb.exceptions.JaycoRequestFailedException: Neither messager server nor application server are defined for system SMB

at com.sap.aii.rwb.core.R3System.getITSUrl(R3System.java:1090)

at com.sap.aii.rwb.core.R3System.getITSUrl(R3System.java:1558)

In ABAP the connection CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts is configured correctly as alerts from the IE engine are working. I suppose I missed some configuration in the java stack. Can somebody help me on that?

Best regards and thx

Florian

Edited by: Florian Wittke on May 10, 2010 9:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi!

I hope this note helps:

#913858 - XI Alerting: Troubleshooting

Regards,

Caio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caio,

thanks for your replay. Yes I know this note. But it does not solve my problem. I increased the trace level of the location where the alerts are raised in adapter engine. I get the following new entry:

Connect to message server host failed

Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST= FQDN GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=<SYSID> MSSERV=sapms<SYSID> PCS=1

ERROR service 'sapms<SYSID>' unknown

TIME Mon May 10 15:27:48 201

RELEASE 711

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 39

RC -3

MODULE niuxi.c

LINE 1654

DETAIL NiPGetServByName: 'sapms<SYSID>' not found

SYSTEM CALL getaddrinfo

COUNTER 1

Issue has been resolved..the message server was not reachable due to missing entries in the services file.

Edited by: Florian Wittke on May 18, 2010 11:58 AM

Answers (0)