cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring incremental backup in QAS_ECC6_Ora_10G_Unix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have restored PRD data in QAS about 4 months back upto 2009. Now we wish to restore the production data for the months of Jan to Apri;2010 in QAS. We can not afford restoring PRD whole data in QAS as it is more than 1.5 TB and it will take at least 3 to 4 days. We have the incremental databackup for these months with us (RMAN backup). Even we do have archive logs for this period.

Is it possible to apply archive logs in QAS (database open state), I believe we can not do this once we open the database.

How to restore incremental backup in QAS?

Thanks

S@pm@n

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to do add when you open the database you need to do it with resetlogs option. Once logs sequence is switched (back to 1 due to resetlogs) you can not apply further logs (which must be higher than 1!)You cannot roll forward it any more once the resetlogs are done.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you juan and gagan for sharing knowledge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to apply archive logs in QAS (database open state), I believe we can not do this once we open the database.

Yes , you are right , you can not apply redo logs once database is open.

For restoring incremental backup also you need 0 level database restore first(You can not restore incremental backup of PRD directly on QAS) , so every case you need to restore almost 1.5TB of data.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Gagan,

Thanks for swift response . .

But how will be the idea of

1. Shut down QAS database

2. bring QAS database into mount phase, then

3. apply archives

will it possiblee . .

Regards

S@pm@n

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope. In my experience once the DB is open after restore you can't apply redologs regardless of status of the DB.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Never , its not possible to apply archives, on other DB.

Control file will hold all information , so you can not tweak it

Regards,