cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro > MVC or NOT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Since about 2 months i'm very busy with Web Dynpro and my first project experience with it.

In this project we use webservices to call the back-end R3 system BAPI's via JCA.

The Web Dynpro's are calling the webservices and retrieves the object's from this webservices with data from the bapi's.

During the development fase the object structure from the webservices changes all the time.

Now here's the problem:

I imported a Webservices Model in my WebdynPro with for example a return object Person: name, telephone, addresss.

During the development fase this object returned by the webservice changes to Person: name, telephone, address, email-address.

In the WebdynPro I can not change my service model that it also must import the new field email-address, or can I?

Is there a nice way to handle this problem?

Thnx in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the src folder in your project.

Please delete the package structure from the project if any and rebuild the project . I think this should solve the problem.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently WebServiceModelReImport is not available so you need to delete and reimport the model !!

As mentioned , while reimport if you main the package name same then all the bindings at controller level will remains same so that you no need to do all the model bindings again.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i'm deleting the model and tried to reïmport the model in the same package it gives a notification that this is not possible because the package is in use.

How can I still use this same package then?

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think you need to reimport the model, right? I know that you have to do that for the Adaptive RFC Model

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I know, also for the webservices model.

The problem here is that you can't just delete the model because there are references to this model, right?

You also cant import this model under the same name and in the same package.

Isn't there a nice and more elegant way to resolve this problem?

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

delete model, reimport it again, click "Repair"->"project Structure and classpath".

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.