cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Abstract Interface for IDOC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing an IDOC XI File scenario with BPM.

I have created an Inbound Asynchronous and an Abstract Interface for the LEGACY SYSTEM(Target Message).

I didn't create any Abstract interface for the IDOC(Source message).

I am getting this error:

<b>"Expression must return the interface type DEBMAS.DEBMAS06.DEBMAS06".</b>

Do I need to create an Abstarct Interface for the IDOC?

According to the above error, BPM is expecting an ABSTRACT INTERFACE Type for the IDOC.

Experts need help from you.

Thank you,

Joslyn.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mili,

Yes, it is required. When you receive any message in BPM, you need to have Abstract Interface.

Refer this blog -

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I am little bit confused in the above Blog of converting the Outbound IDOC into Abstract Type(STEP4).

The message mappings will be between same IDOC itself,the message type will be like <b>DEBMAS (for both SOURCE and TARGET messageType)</b>so how the mapping will be done?

If I am wrong correct me.

Thankyou.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That mapping is an dummy mapping between Idoc to Abstract Idoc Type. Here Sender Idoc Interface is mapped with Reciever Abstract Idoc interface.

So inside the BPM, Abstract Idoc interface acts as a Container variable to collect the idocs.

For simplicity-for collection of idocs

You can see, BPMPatterns from the SAP BASIS Software Component in your XI Repository.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thank you for the prompt reply and I finished the Message mappings and Interface mappings with no errors.

I really appreciate your help since few days.

Thank you.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Glad to know...

Happy weekend..

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (0)