cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBACOCKPIT - MSSQL Named Instance, RFC and DB Connection different systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

SAP is installed as a Central Server. Database and Central instance on a single host with the database on a Named Instance.

I have configured the dbacockpit as per SAP Note 1388700 - SQL Server Remote Database Monitor in Solution Manager 400 for my Named Instances. I have a working database connection %_<SID>_<HOSTNAME> with the DBCO Connection Info referencing the MSSQL_SERVER as <HOSTNAME>\<SID>. Full line:

MSSQL_DBNAME=<SID> MSSQL_SERVER=<HOSTNAME>\<SID> OBJECT_SOURCE=SAPSolMan710

In dbacockpit now as an additional action I try to edit the connection. I select the checkbox by RFC destination, first message with a Red LED is 'This is not the local system, please specify a RFC destination. I select any RFC destination referencing the host, even custom made ones. The response after logging in to the target (when not using Trusted RFC) is always the same.

'Red LED', SMP, RFC destination and database connection describe different systems.

In the home screen of dbacockpit if you now select 'SLD System Import' the systems with a Named Instance are still available under 'New Database Systems in the SLD'.

Now edit the system again, remove the RFC destination and Save. This will write to the SLD.

If you now log in to the SLD, Administration, Content Maintenance, 'Class' Database Systems you will now have a new System with 0(zero) associations. This system has SystemHome = <HOSTNAME>\<SID> as such it will not match to the SAP System. I have edited the Database in SMSY to directly reference the Database connection but even this does not help

Has anyone come accross this? What is the resolution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please post the errors that appears while configuring in the DBACOCKPIT t code at the bottom of the screen?

According to that we can determine, whether it is able connect the database correctly or not.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

Please refer to the SAP Note 1388700: for your issue.

Best Regards

Jai Wardhan