cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirming transfer order for nested handling units (picking and shipping)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My shipping location is HU + WM, I understand we cannot "auto confirm" Transfer Orders during creation from an outbound delivery (LT03) in the case of nested HUs because the system wants to know which exact box HUs ( The TO only specifies the pallet HU...storage unit)

I have an automatic Pick HU created during TO confirmation but the system still prompts for me to enter box HUs that need to be shipped/repacked on LT12. This makes logical sense but is slowing down our shipping process. Since we do not put HU labels on our boxes, the picker has to go into HUMO, enter the pallet HU, retrieve the box HUs and finally enter some of those on the TO confirmation screen to match the open quantity. In reality we don't really care what HUs he picks as long as he picks from the right pallet.

Is there any way to automate this? If the system can pick box HUs sequentially, randomly or create further pick HUs. Anything but doesnt ask the picker to put in the box HU numbers

OR

Is there a way to auto confirm TOs during creation

OR

Is there any way to putaway box level HUs into the warehouse at the end of the production line so that Storage Unit is the box HU number and not the pallet HU number, that way it wouldn't prompt me for box HUs during picking.

I would really appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the standard SAP for picking nested handling units. You can do some more reading on this by accessing the SAP note 829266.

We had a similar problem with nested handling units - what we ended up doing was writing a BDC program that would take the nested handling unit and pack it back onto that HU instead of the pick HU after TO confirmation was done in the delivery.

In order to get your TO to automatically confirm, check the configuration for the storage type that its picking from - look to see if "Storage Type requires confirmation for removal/placement" is checked.

You can als ocheck the movement type configuration for Propose Confirmation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a BDC program and schedule it to run in the background, say every 5 minutes.

The BDC will simply call LT12 and confirm the TO.

Regards,

Aroop