cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In ECC application server getting hang becase of RFC's calls

Former Member
0 Kudos

When ever BOP jobs running on SCM system it is doing no of rfc calls from ECC system, almost all the workprocess is occupying and it is causing application server to be hang. We have created RFC logon Groups (RZ12) parallel_generators, the we assign these groups in SMQS, SMQR. Even though we are still facing the same issue.

Can you explain how logon groups use SMQS, SMQR and Could you please suggest how we can restrict the RFC calls?

Thanks

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

I try to explain to you as simple as I can.

1) In your source system (APO/SCM), BOP batch program generate tRFCs/qRFCs and store them into outbound queue.

2) In your source system (APO/SCM), qRFC outbound scheduler send the data to target system (ECC) through RFC group (rfc resource management parameters works here), and maximum number of connection per destination (SMQS) can be defined to limited the connection to target system

3) These RFC connections logons to target system (ECC) through the RFC definition which you can use LB, i.e. logon group (SMLG).

4) Same number of work processes (as number of activated connecions) will be activated (running), these processes write the data into inbound queue of your target ECC system.

5) target system (ECC) inbound queue scheduler, pick up the data (trfc/qrfc) in the queue, and send to work process of RFC group(RZ12), these work processes execute the inbound processing application.

6) inbound processing appliation might generate outbound tRFC/qRFC, trigger above processing again (target and source system exchanged)

i would recommend you increase parameter rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp in your ECC system for now, and also decrease the "Max.Conn." of the ECC destination in your APO/SCM sytem for immdiate remedy.

You need review your system resource ad configuration, business scenarios etc in detail and then optimize your qRFC and RFC resource configuration.

You should be able to find a lots of oss note by searching use key words "RFC" and "resource"

Good luck!

Denny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your details explanation Denny.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denny

Excellent elucidation about BOP batch job processing.

Thanks a lot

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can find more information on RFC quota parameters on the following page:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/5b/90a0231a36b544a6ba54908a898828/content.htm]

There are a number of parameters that are very useful, we always customize RFC quota parameters in every new SAP installation we do.

Kind regards

Tom

Answers (0)