cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Services Forwarding to another MII server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a corporate MII server that is receiving Process Order IDOCs from ECC. We have an MII server at each plant as well. What I would like to do is have the corporate MII server read the IDOC message to determine which plant should get the process order. Then forward that message to the appropriate MII plant server. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do that. Any ideas?

Michael Penrow

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

You should be able to make a transaction, and based on some content post the XML to local MessageListerner via the following URL and post action block.

http://l<MIIServerName>:50000/XMII/Illuminator?service=WSMessageListener&mode=WSMessageListenerServe...

The Name=?? determines the messagename and thereby the kind of local processing needed. By doing this, you are only able to post XMLs to the messagelistener called XMIIMessageListener, byt you can differentiate them afterwards by the name.

.BR

Poul.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might also consider using Category as well, since the pre-processing will have already happened before sending to the specific plant based server. This will make the plant server message processing rules and processing transactions even more straightforward.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

In order to determine the plant, you will need to read the IDoc and look for the field WERKS which contains the Plant number/name. You can then forward it on to the correct plant MII instance.

You can send it a couple different ways. You could simply forward it as is to the plant and recieve it using the Message Listener. Or you could parse the IDoc at the corporate server and then send just the required information to the plant via VirtualXacuteConnector. You could also send the IDocs directly to the local plant by setting up IDoc Listeners for each and every plant. Depending upon your particular configuration, you could set up Change Pointers to trigger delivery.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help everyone. I have decided to use the Http Post action block to post the messages to the plant servers.

I have the following configuration in my http post action block:

URL = http://<MIIServer>:50000/XMII/Illuminator?service=WSMessageListener&mode=WSMessageListenerServer&Nam...

ContentType = text/xml

Credential Alias = an xmii user.

In the links I have set the following:

ContentType = "text/xml"

PostData = My transaction variable with the IDOC message.

When I try that I am getting the following error message:

You do not have permission to access service WSMessageListener

I am using a credential alias that has permission on the plant server. The action block returns success and an HTML status of OK. Did I miss something?

Michael Penrow

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

A default MII user with role SAP_XMII_User needs to have permission to action : XMII_MessageListenerService.

Either you need to make a new role in the user administration and assign this to your MII user, or you need to add this action to the role :SAP_XMII_User

BR

Poul.