cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC Control charts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client want to use SPC control charts for X-bar and R control charts, which SPC chart is Appropriate for this process

Advance thanks,

Regards,

SBabu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

X bar & R chart are generally used for variable data from industrial process and data are collected at regular intervals.There is actually a pair of charts.

One is to monitor the process standard deviation , approximated by the sample moving range and another one to monitor the process mean, created with the X bar, s and individuals control charts.

Before applying any chart type, discuss closely and deeply with your client to understand for what purpose they need these charts, based on that we can select chart type in SAP.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babu,

You can get X bar chart (shewhart chart for x bar) in SAP by using standard functionality, however R chart you won't get from SAP. At one of my clients place i have done following:

1) There is excel sheet available as per clients std which include everything, Xbar, R bar, Histogram etc, 5 is the sample size and there are 20 such groups os in all one have to take 100 readings.

2) Create the inspection lot with desired type and record say 100 readings for characteristics, then using 'STI-QM evaluation' you can transport these recorded results to above excel sheet ( this file you need to create 'Macro', which will import the 100 readings which were transferred from SAP, you need to store both files in the same location of your PC) .

You can get all types of charts by this mean.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any body tell me the parameters for the function module "QRKT_RANGE_SHEWHART". Is it use for the R-bar Chart.

Advance thanks,

Regards,

Sbabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for support

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not very sure about R chart but Shewhart Chart for X bar