cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

other way to search messages in moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am on production support. Every day we are getting 1000u2019s of messages in MONI. I want to search a particular message with an Idoc number. it takes lot of time to search manually. Is there any other easy way to search the particular message with an Idoc number.

Regards

Robin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all

>

> I am on production support. Every day we are getting 1000u2019s of messages in MONI. I want to search a particular message with an Idoc number. it takes lot of time to search manually. Is there any other easy way to search the particular message with an Idoc number.

>

> Regards

> Robin

On a production environment, from an app support perspective, it is best that you involve a TREX search. That way your searching gets much flexible.

also for searching by IDoc number, go to tcode IDX5 -> IDoc Number and then it will take you to the required message

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabz,

For his case, IDX5 is not an option, as his design is R/3 -> XML Port->File ->XI-> receiver

Regards,

Ravi

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Shabz,

> For his case, IDX5 is not an option, as his design is R/3 -> XML Port->File ->XI-> receiver

>

> Regards,

> Ravi

Oh. The its best to go for TREX than any custom development.

It is something that fits well when it comes for App. support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all. I will try with ABAP Program.

Regards

Robin V

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if this blog helps you in some way>

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2005/11/14/payload-based-message-search-in-xi30-using-trex-engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Idocs are outbound(I mean from ECC to XI) then you can probably search for the message in IDx5 where there is an option for entering the Idoc number..

Regards,

Malini

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I am on production support. Every day we are getting 1000u2019s of messages in MONI. I want to search a particular message with an Idoc number. it takes lot of time to search manually. Is there any other easy way to search the particular message with an Idoc number.

Yes, there is an easy way!!

Case1. Inbound IDOC: Since you have the IDOC number then go to R3 system (WE02) double click on Control Record, go to Details Tab and copy the Message-ID. Now in XI under Advanced Search tab of MONI use this same Message- Id to find your message.

Case2. Outbound IDOC: In XI run transaction IDX5 enter the IDOC number there you will find your record. Now either you double click on the record to disply your message or copy the Message-Id and then search in MONI.

Isn't it simple. )

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivasa and Sravesh for your replies...

in my case we are not using Idoc adapters because we are getting Idoc xml only, so we are using SOAP Adapter in the outbound side. The land scapes are like this

SAP R/3-----ABC PI(7.0)

XYZ PI (7.0)--

DATABASE SYSTEM.

I am on XYZ PI.

Idco's triggers from SAP R/3 and comes to ABC PI, here Idocs are converted in to Idoc xml and picked by XYZ PI using SOAP sender adapter. so i cant check in IDX5 or WE02, because we are getting Idocxml only.

is there any alternate way to search messages easily.

Thanks

Robin

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> is there any alternate way to search messages easily.

If you are looking for content based search, yes. It can be done through TREX. It is an efficient search engine, that helps to search message based on payload information. /people/prasad.illapani/blog/2005/11/14/payload-based-message-search-in-xi30-using-trex-engine

Right now it can be used only with RWB. In coming release of PI 7.1, it is expected to also work with SXMB_MONI.

If you don't want to use TREX, there are few more ways . Have a look at following blog -

1. ABAP based Trex in XI: Proto /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/02/21/abap-based-trex-in-xi-proto

2. Super Message Monitor for SAP XI /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/02/14/super-message-monitor-for-sap-xi

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can get the access of ABC PI(7.0) then try to get the message id from there and then use the same in XYZ PI(7.0). But if you can't get the access then search the message in XYZ PI(7.0) from

RWB--->Message Monitoring --->Display. Now enter the date & time and then enter the IDOC Number in the "Search Text".

Here you will get the corresponding entry based on IDOC number from which you can take the message-id and use in MONI to find the message.

Note: Don't put the date & time cut to cut in search criteria. Make it a little bit felxible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravesh

i didnu2019t found any search option to enter the Idoc number. all there are sender's and receiver's namespace, party, service, interface....for filtering the messages.

Even i go to RWB------->Message monitoring____>adapter engine/integration engine, here also many messages will be displayed. Again i need to search manually for each message for finding the idoc number.

Any other options pls

Regards

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didn't you find "Search Text" in RWB--->Message Monitoring --->Display??

Just enter the IDOC number in the search text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravesh i didn't find any "text search" in RWB--->Message Monitoring --->Display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Sravesh i didn't find any "text search" in RWB--->Message Monitoring --->Display.

This means TREX has not been installed on your server. Then it is not possible without TREX. Consult with your BASIS abut availability of Trex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sravesh for ur reply.

so it seems that no other option to search particular messages in moni other thank trex.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

If you are open to building your own alternative for Trex: here is an ABAP way to do it:

/people/paolo.romano2/blog/2007/09/07/xi-search-through-the-payload-of-a-messagewithout-trex

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other ways could be as suggested by Sunil & Ravi and for that you have to develope your own program.

You can refer these options..

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/02/21/abap-based-trex-in-xi-proto

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/02/14/super-message-monitor-for-sap-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

If you are on PI 7.1 EHP1 then i think you can do a user defined message search as mentioned in this help doc,i have heard of it but didn't had an opportunity to try it out.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c85598f63335bfe10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

but if you are in PI 7.1 then have you tried with the advanced option in message search?

On way would be to filter your message first based on the sender interface, Business component , name space .

If SAP ECC is the sender system, just go to the We02 and get the time for the latest triggered message type/ IDOC numbers and see the time when they got triggered.

using this time as the search parameter you can narrow down your search to a particular IDOC number.

Regards,

Srinivas