cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Since we get actual sales data(Confirmed Sales) in the Infocube and based on this we create CVC's in POS.

I want to clear one doubt on Product Allocation Planning:

As per my understanding with regard to Product Allocation Before creating Sales Orders all the combinations CVC's must exist in the Planning Area. If any combinations does not exist we cannot create sales Orders in R/3 for that customers and Products combinations.

If we use Product Allocation Planning then if new product or New customer is created then we need to create the CVC's Manually or thru file before creating sales orders?

Please clarrify my Query.

Points will awarded.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Failure to maintain a CVC will not normally prevent you from creating a Sales order. It may, however, prevent confirmation, which is the whole purpose of Allocation in the first place.

As to your second question, that is totally up to you. In most designs that I have seen, there is a CVC for 'everthing else'. One can then allocate as much or as little to this combination as one wishes.

If your allocation is strictly by customer (this is not all that common), then yes, you must create an allocation for that customer before you can confirm a sales order by allocation for that customer. This means create the CVC, and then assign a quantity for him.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DogBoy

Thanks for your Reply.

In our case we are taking Delivery Qty with PGI Date in the History Cube.

Failure to maintain a CVC will not normally prevent you from creating a Sales order. It may, however, prevent confirmation, which is the whole purpose of Allocation in the first place.

Yes you are right , but my question here is

1) while creating sales order syste will prompt many pop ups stating combination does not exist.

2) There is no sense creating sales orders without confirmation in our process because this combination (open sales orders) does not come to the Sales History cube( As we are taking Delivery Qty with PGI Date).

If your allocation is strictly by customer (this is not all that common), then yes, you must create an allocation for that customer before you can confirm a sales order by allocation for that customer. This means create the CVC, and then assign a quantity for him..

I dint understand the above statment clearly.

But in our process we get the forecast Quantities from the customers and our users based on the Production Capacities they put allocation quantities to the customers and this allocation quantity will move for production daily basis.And for every customer we are maintaining allocation Quantities.

I feel in our process before creating sales orders for a customer we need have cvc's in POS.

Please suggest me with your expertise opininion.

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has nothing to do with SAP software, it has to do with your desired process flow. You can choose to execute Allocation in any way that meets your requirements.

It sounds to me that some of your existing internal rules are:

1. You are unwilling to enter a sales order order unless there is a CVC for that customer.

2. You wish to create your CVCs ONLY by specific individual customers (no wild cards).

Unless I am somehow missing your point, there is nothing for me to advise you about. You have implicity decided when to create the CVCs by the establishment of the above business rules. Enjoy!

Rgds,

DB49