cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Java Extensions JRE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a need in a new MDM implementation project to develop a single routine to perform some data manipulations that MDM doesn't support.

The preferred solution from the development team is to develop the solution in JAVA and NWDS. I'm trying to find the simplest deployment options.

If I understand the documentation correctly, MDM supports Java and .NET interfaces. If we go with Java tools, the MDM APIs need to be installed or made available to NWDS to create a program. My real question is in deployment options?

What is a minimal JRE or J2EE runtime enviroment I would need in MS Windows Server 2008 and what sort of deployment would then be created in NWDS for implementation? Is a full SAP WAS Java required?

Thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For java batch programs -- you can just have java installed and develop java program using eclipse or any other IDE.

For J2EE applications, user interfaces -- you can use any IDE like eclipse and application server like Websphere.

If you want to use SAP's Webdynpro framework to develop user interfaces you require to use NWDS IDE and use SAP Netweaver Web Application Server to deploy.