cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety stock MZ getting overwritten after reCIFing the product

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing a test, where in i am manually maintaining MZ as safety stock method in the location product master in APO. But, when i reCIF the product the safety stock method MZ is being overwritten with a blank. Could any one throw light on what is the setting in ECC material master that could be overwriting this with a blank??

Thank You,

Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

This is a known issue that was earlier fixed with the BADI in note 707204. As of SCM Release 2007 (SCM APO 5.1), this has changed you may now use the method (as explained in note 456460) EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 of the Business Add-In (BAdI) SMOD_APOCF005 instead of the user exit provided in note 707204.

Regards,

Ademola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Ademola for your input. Our technical team is working to make the changes in the coding mentioned in note 70724, as we are still on SCM5.0.

I will close the thread once we do testing.

Thank you senthil, Datta and Dipankar for your valuable inputs.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Try keeping no entries in any of the fields under net requirements calculation

in MRP3 tab of ECC tab and then cif it.

Once it is done, try changing location master of APO by updating with MZ.

As MZ is period based safety stock updated in planning area, ECC values

will interfere.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

As explained by Senthil the values from ECC for MZ data field will interfere.

You will have use an user exit ( on ECC side)to protect fields from getting overwritten by CIF.

Function module EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001 exits in ECC side and you need to activate the X-flag structure.

There is an OSS note for the same: Please refer to OSS note 412940 ( Activate I model : product master fields are overwritten)

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Please check two things:

1.whether any user exits is there for material master cif and

2.you can also check whether you are using MASSD function in APO or not for safety stock.

Thanks,

Dipankar