cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which UI Element is this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

At SAP Teched last year, I saw a demo of the personalization within Web Dynpro and one application had several small seperate windows, each with their own fields within them. Each window also had a cancel button, so you could close the window as well as drag the window to other locations on the screen. Is that type of window a special UI Element?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sounds like the Tray or in 7.02 the Panel UI element. Probably the Panel if you saw it at TechEd and it had the close icon. The Tray generally just has the min/max button. Either UI element can be rearranged via Drag and Drop (as of 7.01). However the developer has to program the screen rearrangement themselves or you have to use Floorplan Manager. The Floorplan Manager (particularly the new OVP floorplan in 7.02) has such drag and drop rearrnagement of the UIBBs built in.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Do you remember which session at TechEd it was that you saw this. If so I can probably pull up the demo and tell you exactly what you were seeing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Thanks, you jogged my memory. It was UP201. I pulled up the PDF on that and yes, it looks like its the Floorplan Manager slide that has those individual windows.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I created/taught UP201, so I can defintely answer questions you have about how any of the demos work. I do a couple different screen rearrnagement demos, the oldest of which doesn't use Floorplan Manager. It is possible as of 7.01 to drag and drop UI element for screen rearrangement. This isn't done by any particular framework or UI element. Basically it uses the general Drag and Drop capabilities and WDDOMODIFYVIEW to rearrange the order of the Trays (or other grouping UI elements) in the screen.

However with Floorplan Manager you get these kinds of capabilities built in. In 7.01 you can do such rearrangement at the UI Building Block level in the configuration tool. In 7.02 (and beyond) we also make such rearrangement possible at runtime. I have a newer demo that we will show at TechEd this year that uses 7.02 and the OVP floorplan to not only rearrange panels in the screen but to add/remove panels from panel stacks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciated. Your WDA videos have helped immensely too.