cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Order (IW31) & Info Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are running a Plan Driven Procurement Scenario in relation with a classic SRM 5.0 system.

Whenever there is an PM-order created in relation with an inforecord this forces the order amount to be the amount entered in the Info Record (f.e. 25 pieces minimum). However this isn't forced in IW31 (which is correct behaviour) and neither isn't forced for the purchase requisition on R/3.

Now for the hard part. We source in SRM and there for utilize the Plan Driven Procurement scenario. The PM-order/Purch. Req. is send to SRM and becomes a requirement for 0,04 boxes (1 piece). If we try sourcing this requirement we get an error 'purchase order can not be created, contains erros'. Because the PO is not inline with the related inforecord. (we can not change the document or order amount on SRM side)

Anybody has a clue if this is standard SAP behaviour? Do you have any experience in how this issue is overcome (R/3 check wouldn't help, purchasers only act on SRM side, documents can not be changed here)? Is this an issue? Is there a possibility to set and force a default minimum/conversion in units on either R/3 or SRM?

Muthu: Could you please shed some light?

Kind regards,

Tim

Edited by: T. Schuffelen on May 7, 2010 3:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tim

Are you in classic or Extended claasic.

use variant not to clear the info record data in the purchase request though it has been assigned by assign source program.

so now the shopping cart come to cockpit . let buyer source whatever he wants and Buyer can create a Purchase order.

--

i wanted to understand why you bring the sc to cockpit though you have a valid source of supply since inforecord is one of the valid source of supply in ECC - if you are in classic mode.

--

how do you want to procure this item ?

material master - UOM - basic UOM and update here what is your order unit ..if valid sos.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

First of all a question: 'Use a variant to not clear the info record data', use a variant for the BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER program? What do you mean exactly (is the info record even cleared?)?

Although we use a classic scenario the only step executed in SAP MM/R/3 is IW31/PM-Order. Everything related to procurement and purchasing is done in SAP SRM (Completetion Workflow / SRM Sourcing Cockpit). We use the Self-Service Procurement scenario in SRM (SC's) and use the PM-orders in R/3 which are replicated to SRM for sourcing.

I don't believe we source anything directly in ECC. Every PO is created from the SOCO in SRM.

As i explained the purc.req. is converted/replicated into a SC item: 0,04 boxes. This I think is fine in some occasions (don't think we can change this, this is std. SAP). However if we would like to source this the only possible amount would be 1 box. I would prefer changing the SC (srm side) but maybe we should just go with changing the purchase order (ill continue my search next week).

Kind regards,

Tim

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

since info record is a valid source of supply . why your Purchase request not converted into Purchase order in the backend ecc system

in the Purchase request -source of supply tab has info record right?

then why you bring them into cockpit .

if you want to clear the info record of the Purchase request --

RM06BZ10 - create variant to clear the inforecord in the purchase request though your PM order cstick with info record and eprofile will be set and take the cart into cockpit.

-

my assumptions in your side

step 1 :-iw31 pm order created for material with inforecord

step 2:- release it

step 3:- run RM06BZ10 the job if required

step 4:- bbptransfer job

step 5:- cockpit sc.

-

what exactly you do there?

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu,

Yes the Purch. Req. contains the info record as a source of supply. But the source of supply needs to be determined in SRM via the SOCO (f.e. a GOA will be assigned). The inforecord is not really considered as a SOS for the purchasing organisation it's considered usefull for material management not necessarily purchasing.

I'll look into the report, would need to test it. Still it's not really our requirement to remove the Inforecord, the inforecord should remain.

From the Cockpit in SRM we want to source, we would assign a source of supply (mainly for GOA/contract purposes, since vendor is already assigned) and then convert the requirement in a valid Purchase Order. But we can not do this because we can not source 0,04 boxes this gives 'error in process' error which i feel is related to the inforecord?

Muthu: inforecord is only used for source of supply purposes? What does the '1 box > 25 pieces' really do?

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards,

Tim

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok

assume that you have removed inforecird and brought the PR in to cockpit.

what was the request for that Material master

for ex basic UOM and Order UOM of Material master

if you assigned contract to that sc w.r.t pr. , po will create with contract UOM.

--

if you have valid contract why your PR comes to cockpit .yes. it can come since more than the material has valid source of supply. now buyer can propose source of supply. so buyer need not enter the price. whatever the material has contract that data will be poicked form contract.

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1091491 - External Requirement: Diferent PO and base UoM

If external requirements are transferred to the Enterprise Buyer system, if the requirement has the order unit different from the PO order unit, then the shopping cart will be created in base Unit of Measure instead of PO Unit of measure

Other terms

External requirements, BBP_PDH_UNIT_CONVERSION, UoM

---

Note 1326451 - Unable to change MRP purchase requisition having info record

You have a purchase requisition which is created from MRP. This purchase requisition has an info record and is already transferred to the SRM system. If we change the purchase requisition quantity later on, an error message "procurement profile cannot be changed" is raised and hence the changed PR cannot be transferred to SRM.

However, you would like to allow the purchase requisition change even if an info record is present.

Other terms

BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER 6Q204 6Q 204 Material Requirement Planning

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim

resolved . how?

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Provided the customer with 3 possible solution scenario's (long(er) story though):

1. Change the PM-order in a way that it applies to the minimum order amount from the inforecord. Thus change the PM-order.

2. Make the purchaser change the Purch. Req. in a way that it applies to the minimum order amount. There is an active release strategy creating the non-abilitiy of changing a purch. req. created from a pm-order.

3. 'Complete' the ATB on SRM side in the SOCO by the purchaser. And either just deliver from 'smallstock' or create an additional ATB/PO: Deliver to the requesters and put rest in 'smallstock'.

Thanks you for all your inputs really helped me.

Kind regards,

Tim

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks .

In classic , Inforecord is also valid source of supply . why you are bringing to SRM -or if it is inforecord not considered as valid source of supply in your business ?

Most customers treat Contract only valid source of supply. In SAP SRM diary no where mention inforecord is a valid source of supply for classic scenario.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

First of all finding a source of supply was never our issue. Additionally there would be multiple sources of supply possible since there is already a vendor in SRM there is a valid source of supply aswell (a vendor). Which can be overruled by a more-important SOS a GOA. We could also add a GOA on R/3 side true. Finding a (valid) source of supply really never was our issue.

The issue is/was: Does somebody creating a pm-order needs to 'care' about inforecord 'minimumorderamount'. Answer: No they should not since they need 12 screws and not a complete box. They only order '12 screws'. Since every other document in the PDP scenario is locked down in a way that it can not be changed anymore (Purch. Req. / SC / PO) we could not create a fitting order that applied to the inforecord (1 box minimum).

I also read your post and i agree an inforecord should maybe be listed ;p. It's almost the same as an interlinkage on SRM side though?

Kind regards,

Tim

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your sincere replies.

muthu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional research:

PM-order of 1 PCE for component x -> purch. req of 1 PCE for component x -> SC of 0,04 BOX for component X (info record taken into account).

If you would want to source to a supplier we would require to modify the SC/Purch. Req. to 1 BOX (how can i do this? No 'change SC' in EBP available). If you would want to deliver from stock you could keep the 0,04box.

Main question: How can i modify the 0,04 box to 1 box for a SC/Purch.Req or PO? I need to do this because i can not source 0,04box!

Thank you for any inputs.

Kind regards,

Tim