cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open portal detail navigation tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have several web dynpro applications and those are published in portal.

I have the following scenario.

WD App1 this is in the Tab1 of the detailed navigation.

WD App2 this is in the Tab2 of the detailed navigation.

Wd App1 has an image and I want if the user clicks on this I want to open WD App2 but also I want that Tab2 is selected, means it must be open.

Do you know if this is possible?

Regards,

Eduardo Campos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I commited a mistake I said Detailed Navigation instead of Top level Navigation, my request is... I have two WD Apps, in WD App1 I have and image and I want to to achieve the following behavior, if user clicks on that image I want to open WD App2, this is easy but I need also that the tab for the second application in the top level navigation be selected (portal top level navigation).

Any idea how to implement this?

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduadu,

You can use "Link to Action" UI element in your NWDS,there you can provide your desired Image as a link which can be accessed from mime folder.

Hope it will help.

Thanks,

Sukalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo Campos,

If your requirement is to have TWO different WD apps in Detailed Navigation, then you must need to implement Inter-application Navigation as reffered by Radhika!

Or if its a single application in Detailed Navigation, then you can check the option provided by Sukalyan.

But if its just on click on Image (in Tab1) navigate to other Tab (Tab2) to display the same, you don't really need 2 WD Apps (if not already deployed), it can be managed with ONE WD app using TabStrip UI element with Actions/Events itself.

Well again, it always depends on the requirement!

Thanks,

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you want the inter application navigation.

Please go through the follwoing link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/library/user-interface-...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

The "TAB " that you have mentioned should be a custom WD application tab and 2 new iViews should contain different WD Applications.These two iView can be accesses through another WD application that has the TABs mentioned by you.

Regards,

Sukalyan