cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC meta deta refresh related query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are dealing with IDOC to file scenario. The scenario is created and transported to Production .

Suppose after that we have to add extra field in the IDOC .The ABAP guys created the new IDOC in SAP system we deleted the old IDOC imported new one in IR (dev) and done the mapping initally the field was not coming but after meta deta refresh (IDX2) the field has succesfully come in PI and sent to destination . We have transported the change ( IDOC and the message mapping ) to other env . Now do we have to refresh the meta deta manually in that environment also? or can we transport the meta deta also in other environment to avoid manually deletion/updation of meta deta in evry env .

Kindly update me

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually the transport takes care of the metadata.

But it is a good practice to reimport the metadata in IDX2 to be absolutely sure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabharish,

Thanks a lot for your view .

You told _usually the transport take care of meta deta can you share any document with me where transport of meta deta has been dealt .

Regards,

Saurabh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Shabharish,

>

> Thanks a lot for your view .

>

> You told _usually the transport take care of meta deta can you share any document with me where transport of meta deta has been dealt .

>

>

> Regards,

>

> Saurabh

what i meant is when you transport the IDoc from Dev to QA to PRD, that process will take care of the metadata also.

There is no additional step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks again

Even we were also have the same understanding that we don't need to do any thing extra for meta deta refresh in other env.

but recently we are facing issue in pre prod that the IDOC(in which extra field has been added ) get struck in ECC and does not come to PI untill we have not manually uploaded the meta deta . so the client is asking that instead of manual deletion/updation of meta deta can we transport the meta deta or make the process automated .

Regards,

Saurabh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no way to transport the meta data alone.

you would have to do a manual load in case the transport of the IDoc didnt take care of the changes.