cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auction-- Cascade Option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In Auctions in SRM7, There is new option of Cascade. We want to make it default.

Please let me know how to do it.

Regards

Amit Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could implement BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for auction BBP_AUC_CHANGE and set the header CASCADING_AUC field. Note that you would need to define corresponding parameters for the cascading auction, such as the initiaul duration, end time gap etc.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

I've never heard of the option 'cascade'. Could you elaborate?

All the configureable options for auction can be configured per transaction type via customizing transaction 'define transaction types' double click f.e. 'AUC1' and it'll show you all the options/settings. By setting/unsetting these you can make these settings default per transaction type.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Tim: cascading auction is an option for items in an auction to start in sequence, instead of at once. The bidders of such type of auction would see one item active for bidding at a time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Isn't this the default behaviour? For our transaction types this is default, im sure.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I wouldn't think so. Normally, when an auction starts, all items are enabled for bidding unless you check "sequential line items" option during auction creation. Just another note: the concept of "cascading" is the same as the concept behind "sequential line items" on the Auction information page.

Edited by: Jay Yang on May 10, 2010 6:10 AM

Edited by: Jay Yang on May 10, 2010 6:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I just checked and you're correct i somehow forgot the option since we've mostly been working with 'Dutch Auction' transaction type. The 'Dutch Auction' does not have the option and will always be 'sequential/cascading'.

There is no option in the 'define transaction types' to default 'cascading' either (most probably because it does not apply to all auction transaction types?).

Kind regards,

Tim