cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS - where does it store available systems list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have Easy DMS installed. If the client has a saplogon.ini file, this seems to be picked up in the list of Available Systems. If there is no other SAP software installed, systems can be input via the [.] button.

Does anyone know where this information is stored? I would like to investigate copying it between PC's. It does not seem to create a saplogon.ini

Thanks,

Philip.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If no other SAP product exists on my computer and I install Easy DMS and then use the [.] button to create an entry, this entry is remembered the next time I run Easy DMS. If I search the entire PC, no SAPLOGON.ini file exists.

I can build a list of servers using the [.] button and still no SAPLOGON.ini is created. Where does Easy DMS store this?

Thanks,

Philip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

generally it is stored at C:\windows

use environment variable

SAPLOGON_INI_FILE

this will overwrite the location and you can read from specified location

check

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

It is stored in registry.

path: - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\EasyDMS\RfcCache\AAA

where AAA is system name.

Hope this helps.

EasyDMS also reads the saplogon.ini file alonmg with this data.

Note:

If you are using SAp GUI 720 release you may have to use the environment variable posted in this thread for easydms to read the correct saplogon.ini file.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the information is stored in saplogon.ini file only.however the location of this file may change depending on your operating system and sap gui version. You can search on sap notes for the specific sap gui versions.

hope it helps.

regards

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

You can visit to sap market place website and there you need to login with your client's user ID and password.

In SAP Market place you will find the installation guide for easy dms and other stuff.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Ravindra