cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The scenario is that we use network activity for posting the cost on project. When I run settlement on WBS Element, system performs the following steps

1. Network = Credit - TO - WBS = Debit

2. WBS = Credit - TO - AUC = Debit

BUT system posts an additional debit entry with same amount on WBS Element, due to which WBS Element shows the double cost in financial reports. Joint Venture Accounting is activated with IS Oil.

Please guide if I have missed something in configuration or advise any other solution. Thanks.

Regards

Murtaza

Edited by: gmurtaza on May 7, 2010 11:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It happends typically in case of capital projects, in which cost gets settled to AuC. When cost is settled to AuC, it credits the expenses w.r.t. WBS element and debits the AuC, which is again assigned to WBS element and we end up is seeing double cost in Financial Reports after AuC settlement.

To avoid this problem, please define a valuation category, in which all AuC accounts (cost elements) are maintained and suppress this value category. This will help in elimnating this debit entry w.r.t. AuC reflecting in the report.

Refer the SAP Notes: 51971 and 676123

Trust this helps.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your settlement rule for the WBS Element..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Settlement rule on WBS is OK and working fine if I settle the cost on GL. Problem arise when I run settlement on AUC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in the path, IMG - Financial Accounting(New) - Asset Accounting - Integration with general ledger - Additional account assignment objects - specify account assignment types for account assignment objects

Check if in the above path for Generic company code 0001 , Depreciation area 01 , if the transaction type 116(Acquisition - internal settlement to AuC) has been ticked as account assignment object.

T-code - ACSET

If yes, then this setting is mainly made for reporting purposes to show the costs, but when you do the asset settlement, this AUC amount will get normalised.

During the period of AUC & Asset settlement, these amounts will be shown in the reports; but will not consume your actual budget.

Hope the above is useful.

Regards,

Deepa

Edited by: deepa rani on May 10, 2010 5:42 AM